Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

So of course everything could be true, but here's what I don't get. The original IBJ article said that the escort was getting 10% gross and that they were hoping to sell 10,000 copies. If the book costs ten bucks, she seemingly is hoping to make $1,000.

 

I don't know how bad off she is, but even if you are 100% correct, is $1k worth admitting you are a prostitute, admitting you pimped out your daughters, and insinuating that you slept with underage kids while you're in your 40s? This doesn't even include you legal defense fees if anybody named chooses to go that route.

 

So assuming she is completely honest, clearly she hasn't made the best life decisions. Maybe attributing rationality isn't the smartest course of action, but wouldn't ESPN or deadspin or SI or anyone else pay at least a thousand bucks for such a story with all the proof she says she has?

 

Check your math again. With just your 10,000 x $10 online download = $100,000. Her take would be $10K. There'll be at least 20,000 downloads just in Ky.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 99.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really need to write a book report for us.

 

As soon as I finish I will. Depending on what is going on I may live update it also.

I'm stunned. Louisville is in deep trouble if this is true.

Can't wait to see the movie.

Based on what I read, I have to believe that Louisville is in serious trouble.

Based on what I read, I have to believe that Louisville is in serious trouble.

 

Neither a literary expert nor basketball expert be I, and I’m tired and want to go to sleep. But I just finished the e-book – it’s a quick read – and recognizing this is a hot topic thought I’d share my takes.

 

1. If this Dick Cady co-author guy really won a Pulitzer, his standards have dropped. This book reads like it was hastily thrown together, and without a clear point of view. Katina Powell’s “notebooks” are quoted in the first person, but they are excerpted and edited. Cady ties the excerpts together with third-person comments, but jumps around a lot, and bounces back-and-forth in the time line.

 

2. The excerpts of Powell’s notebooks are convincing in their earthiness, but if not contrived, then they were written with an agenda in mind, perhaps a shifting agenda. Many passages sound like they were written for an audience instead of sounding like someone writing to and for themselves. A couple of the passages sounded to me like they were in fact written long after the time they described. May be her writing, but not really diary or notebook writing. A list of dates and dollars regarding UL visits doesn’t look like it was made over a period of time, but looks like (at best) a reconstruction. Dubious.

 

3. Claims are made that recruiting of JaQuan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney involved the girls, with enough specifics that investigators may be able to prove/disprove the claims. Specific texts from McGee are frequently quoted and graphic.

 

4. Possibly the biggest issue to the NCAA if this is all even partially true is the claim that after McGee was hired by UMKC he contacted Powell from California in July 2014 requesting services for Blakeney. This would mean someone else from Louisville contacted McGee with this request. If it was anyone other than one of the players allegedly involved, this is the smoking gun contact that will interest the NCAA. There is also a claim that pursuant to that request, Powell received cash from an unidentified person at UL to fulfill McGee’s long-distance agreement. This will garner close scrutiny as another smoking gun. Also implies McGee was laboring for UL while on UMKC payroll, in the strange sense of calling this acting in UL’s interest.

 

5. If I followed the time line right, at least one of Powell’s daughters was turning tricks while under 18, opening up the underage can of worms. Did anyone else hear the rumor I did that one player that left the UL roster prematurely was involved with underage girls?

 

Sad thing about rumors is how many of them have substantial truth. It would take an utter fool to put accusations like this in print unless you expected to be dead before it got to court. Pass the popcorn.

How many times did the Cards score?

How many times did the Cards score?

 

Apparently there were a lot of 3's.

Point taken, and you are correct. :lol2:

 

 

Ha I thought I was a good online judge of character.

Good chance Chane is behind the book and bringing whatever happened to light. I'll leave it at that for now...

 

Good possibility, likely means there's a lot of truth to it as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a certain transfer guards name got mentioned a time or two.

As for Chane he has not left Louisville he can be seen with Chris Jones going in and out of apartments across from Campus. Same apartments that Cheerleader was found dead and Jones incident occurred.

 

Is that really that shocking? Any of it at all?

Preston Knowles was named in the sample. I may buy this tomorrow when I get to work. :lol2:

 

@gold sunrise just canceled your invitation to Thanksgiving dinner. :no::no:

Syracuse, North Carolina and now UL------the ACC has to be very proud.

Are there any pics available of Ms. Powell and her daughters in the book or otherwise? Could someone post?

Good possibility, likely means there's a lot of truth to it as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a certain transfer guards name got mentioned a time or two.

 

Who?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.