Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Clyde

I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

I would have much rather this be resolved by any means besides jail time. I hate that part of it.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this should solve the problem, all the homosexuals can flood the court house and celebrate. Go get married.

Im wondering if the same ones who she denied will wait to see if she get out and try again, only proving I was right on their agenda. making her go against her belief.

I'm sure they'll go the first available opportunity to get their license. Their "agenda" is to marry the person they love.

I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

I completely agree with you on the flag issue.

The flag issue is a circular argument IMO. I could never desecrate it.

However, the flag stands , strangely, for the RIGHT to desecrate it.

Guys, I've worked in the women's prison, and I have no idea what her term or where she'll be sentenced, but none are like the men's facilities. It's a grown up day care. She won't be struggling like you might think. So, I suppose we will see if she's got the wherewithal to ride it out. She has so far, and I'd lay $ on her now to do the same.

The flag issue is a circular argument IMO. I could never desecrate it.

However, the flag stands , strangely, for the RIGHT to desecrate it.

I understand that, and as I have said before, those that defend the flag don't agree with everyone that benefits from their effort...they do it because it's the right thing to do.

Now if everyone protesting was just protesting because it was "right", then no problem....changing my flag, I'm not happy with...I support an individual's right to speak freely...it's just disgusting and does not, in my opinion, lend me to get behind whatever it is someone is saying.

If I had to bet, I would bet that the people that desecrate the flag never had to defend someone's right to do it. Maybe then they could respect how disrespectful their position is to others....hmmm, talk about circular logic...