Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

 

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

 

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

 

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

 

I would have much rather this be resolved by any means besides jail time. I hate that part of it.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it says she is ordered to jail until she agrees to issue marriage licenses. If she never decides to is she in jail forever?

 

If there isn't precedent we would probably be looking at some new case law before long.

Well this should solve the problem, all the homosexuals can flood the court house and celebrate. Go get married.

 

Im wondering if the same ones who she denied will wait to see if she get out and try again, only proving I was right on their agenda. making her go against her belief.

 

I'm sure they'll go the first available opportunity to get their license. Their "agenda" is to marry the person they love.

I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

 

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

 

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

 

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

 

I completely agree with you on the flag issue.

So it says she is ordered to jail until she agrees to issue marriage licenses. If she never decides to is she in jail forever?

 

And what will THAT cost the good citizens of Rowan County?

I'm sure they'll go the first available opportunity to get their license. Their "agenda" is to marry the person they love.

 

Probably not, or they would have gone to Mason County to get their license already...guess we'll see

  • Author
I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

 

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

 

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

 

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

 

The flag issue is a circular argument IMO. I could never desecrate it.

 

However, the flag stands , strangely, for the RIGHT to desecrate it.

Can you run for reelection in the slammer? Now that would be a story.

Guys, I've worked in the women's prison, and I have no idea what her term or where she'll be sentenced, but none are like the men's facilities. It's a grown up day care. She won't be struggling like you might think. So, I suppose we will see if she's got the wherewithal to ride it out. She has so far, and I'd lay $ on her now to do the same.

Probably not, or they would have gone to Mason County to get their license already...guess we'll see

 

They shouldn't have to go to another county to get a license without being discriminated against.

She would make for an awesome character portrayal on next season's Orange is the New Black.

The flag issue is a circular argument IMO. I could never desecrate it.

 

However, the flag stands , strangely, for the RIGHT to desecrate it.

 

I understand that, and as I have said before, those that defend the flag don't agree with everyone that benefits from their effort...they do it because it's the right thing to do.

 

Now if everyone protesting was just protesting because it was "right", then no problem....changing my flag, I'm not happy with...I support an individual's right to speak freely...it's just disgusting and does not, in my opinion, lend me to get behind whatever it is someone is saying.

 

If I had to bet, I would bet that the people that desecrate the flag never had to defend someone's right to do it. Maybe then they could respect how disrespectful their position is to others....hmmm, talk about circular logic...

Probably not, or they would have gone to Mason County to get their license already...guess we'll see

 

Or stopped in Flemingsburg along the way?

They shouldn't have to go to another county to get a license without being discriminated against.

 

But they can, state law said you could get it in any county you wanted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.