Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

My marriage license, which is over 20 years old, has the county clerk's name typed in and it was signed by a deputy clerk. No signature by the county clerk and I seriously doubt he ever personally saw it.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The option she has is really no different than before. It's not like she was the one sitting at the counter handing out licenses. It's always the deputies doing it.

Going back to judge now, they are saying that 5 of 6 clerks are willing to issue license...Davis is saying that she will not interfere...judge deciding if that is enough to release her.

Kudos to the judge. puts her in jail for a few hours, gets confirmation that her deputy clerks will issue the licenses, then says she can get out of jail if she will allow them to issue the licenses that she won't. so now the question is not whether her religious beliefs allow her to do something, but instead is she going to order her deputies to comply with her beliefs if given a chance. =tip of the hat to the judge=

Going back to judge now, they are saying that 5 of 6 clerks are willing to issue license...Davis is saying that she will not interfere...judge deciding if that is enough to release her.

 

So if she will not interfere, why couldn't this have been offered before the circus from the judge, or Davis, or Liberty Counsel?

WAIT!!!! Kim Davis is a Democrat??? Has that been mentioned anywhere?

 

I never thought about it, but if she was a Republican all we would have heard would have been. "Republican Kentucky Clerk, refuses to issue license". I have only heard one time that she was a Democrat, wonder why that's being left out of the narrative?

 

Maybe it was brought up that she is a Democrat in one of the threads I've not read them all...but I'll bet if she had an ® by her name it would be by her name in every article or screen shot of her on TV.

So if she will not interfere, why couldn't this have been offered before the circus from the judge, or Davis, or Liberty Counsel?

 

Who knows, she's a democrat who knows what they are thinking :lol2:

She's an R.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Retard.

Remarried.

 

 

 

I could keep going.

  • Author

I'm confused.

 

Did Kim Davis ALWAYS have the option of allowing her deputies to issue the license?

I'm confused.

 

Did Kim Davis ALWAYS have the option of allowing her deputies to issue the license?

Doesn't seem to matter:

 

Bluegrass Politics ‏@BGPolitics now12 seconds ago

Kim Davis tells judge she'd rather stay in jail than cooperate with her deputies giving marriage licenses. OK, jail it is, judge says.

I was of the understanding that her name had to be on the license and that was what she was up in arms about.

I was of the understanding that her name had to be on the license and that was what she was up in arms about.

 

I think she wanted to see if someone else's name could be on it.

WAIT!!!! Kim Davis is a Democrat??? Has that been mentioned anywhere?

 

I never thought about it, but if she was a Republican all we would have heard would have been. "Republican Kentucky Clerk, refuses to issue license". I have only heard one time that she was a Democrat, wonder why that's being left out of the narrative?

 

Maybe it was brought up that she is a Democrat in one of the threads I've not read them all...but I'll bet if she had an ® by her name it would be by her name in every article or screen shot of her on TV.

 

2 out of 3 registered voters in Rowan Co are Democrat. Many counties in Kentucky are VERY conservative but because of history tend to be heavily Democratic by registration.

I think she wanted to see if someone else's name could be on it.

 

She'll probably get her wish -- just not in the manner she wanted. :lol:

If in fact her name has to be on it, I wouldn't think that a federal judge can change state law.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.