September 4, 201511 yr That would be Jesse James. He seemed pretty convinced. Yes that was me. That's a number told to me by a lawmaker who has been in talks with the clerks. This was not hearsay. People can talk a big game, but when it comes to what it did today we shall see who stands. This is getting ready to happen again in Casey and Whitley Counties.
September 4, 201511 yr What's also really telling is a lot of posters here have a skill I would love to have. Mind reading and knowing what someone's motives are. What exactly do you guys do for a living and what is your degree in? I need to go back to school to get that diploma that would allow me to know everything..
September 4, 201511 yr 117/120 are doing there job, according to our Governor. Thats misleading, my understanding is that 83 counties have not had a same sex couple try for a license yet.
September 4, 201511 yr I read an article this morning where she said she is prepared to go to jail for the long haul. Would think there's a stipulation regarding a County Clerk having to be able to fulfill their duties in order to continue as Clerk. It's not medical related although some may argue otherwise.
September 4, 201511 yr Thats misleading, my understanding is that 83 counties have not had a same sex couple try for a license yet. I wonder how many would be fine with it, but just haven't had anybody come in? When it first happened, I expected a crap storm in my hometown. But, there wasn't one. A coupl got married on the first day. No outrage. No protesters. Just a regular day.
September 4, 201511 yr I wonder how many would be fine with it, but just haven't had anybody come in? When it first happened, I expected a crap storm in my hometown. But, there wasn't one. A coupl got married on the first day. No outrage. No protesters. Just a regular day. Kind of the way it was in Nelson Co. Not a lot of hullaballoo.
September 4, 201511 yr Kind of the way it was in Nelson Co. Not a lot of hullaballoo. Which, IMHO, is the way it should be.
September 4, 201511 yr As I said before, a law ,is a law, is a law….the choice to enforce sways greatly with the whims of the people But it doesnt. A law, is a law, is a law...until it is deemed to violate the very rights granted to individuals by the Constitution. That is the very document that grants Congress, Federal and State, the power to create said law. Just bc the majority wants it, doesn't mean that it is not a direct violation. Think voting rights, think slavery, think basically anything that created rights for some minority group. Our country went to War over this very issue of State's rights. Millions died to preserve a union. If we cherry pick what laws we follow, what ultimately will be the point of that fight? So we don't have a full blown war, we have a slow decomposing of the one thing that holds us together.
September 4, 201511 yr But it doesnt. A law, is a law, is a law...until it is deemed to violate the very rights granted to individuals by the Constitution. That is the very document that grants Congress, Federal and State, the power to create said law. Just bc the majority wants it, doesn't mean that it is not a direct violation. Think voting rights, think slavery, think basically anything that created rights for some minority group. Our country went to War over this very issue of State's rights. Millions died to preserve a union. If we cherry pick what laws we follow, what ultimately will be the point of that fight? So we don't have a full blown war, we have a slow decomposing of the one thing that holds us together. It's all perspective…same coin, different sides
September 4, 201511 yr Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review.
September 4, 201511 yr Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review. What? No! Shocking! Never would I expect something like that in Kentucky...
September 4, 201511 yr What? No! Shocking! Never would I expect something like that in Kentucky... Every time I get upset about the perceived stereotypes of this state, I realize that stuff like this still exists...awesome.
September 4, 201511 yr Please correct me if I am wrong, but for those that say go to another county. Isn't there a law on the books that state you must go to your county of residence for your marriage license. I think it actually says the residence of the female
September 4, 201511 yr Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review. That is very Christian of them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.