September 4, 201511 yr So you are advocating ignoring law breakers when they are right in front of you? Only the ones he agrees with... Glad it was the original couple... Me too. Im so very happy for them. I am so glad there were so many cameras there to take pictures of it since its like the 1,000,000th gay marriage licence now. On a less than smart alec note. Im glad they did it now and prove me wrong about trying to make Davis be the one to issue it.
September 4, 201511 yr Me too. Im so very happy for them. I am so glad there were so many cameras there to take pictures of it since its like the 1,000,000th gay marriage licence now. On a less than smart alec note. Im glad they did it now and prove me wrong about trying to make Davis be the one to issue it. Good job, ref. There's hope for you yet.:thumb:
September 4, 201511 yr What? No! Shocking! Never would I expect something like that in Kentucky... I suspect it would have happened had the decisions gone the opposite way as well.
September 4, 201511 yr Please correct me if I am wrong, but for those that say go to another county. Isn't there a law on the books that state you must go to your county of residence for your marriage license. I think it actually says the residence of the female Lot's of editing to do.
September 4, 201511 yr Lot's of editing to do. I'm not aware of that law. When I got married we got ours from a county we didn't live in.
September 4, 201511 yr I suspect it would have happened had the decisions gone the opposite way as well. Exactly, we have so much to be proud of in KY. Go Cayuts!!
September 4, 201511 yr Me too. Im so very happy for them. I am so glad there were so many cameras there to take pictures of it since its like the 1,000,000th gay marriage licence now. On a less than smart alec note. Im glad they did it now and prove me wrong about trying to make Davis be the one to issue it. On that note, I'm done for the day. It is never going to get better than this...
September 4, 201511 yr Exactly, we have so much to be proud of in KY. Go Cayuts!!Damn skippy! C-A-T-S! CATS! CATS! CATS!
September 4, 201511 yr Looks like the first gay couple has received their license in Rowan County. Gay couple issued marriage license in Rowan County Delete
September 4, 201511 yr The odd part about this story is the Clerk is a Democrat and the judge who put her in jail comes from one of the most prominent Rebublican families in the state. I kind of agree that if the parties were switched it would play a larger role with the narrative of the media.
September 4, 201511 yr The odd part about this story is the Clerk is a Democrat and the judge who put her in jail comes from one of the most prominent Rebublican families in the state. I kind of agree that if the parties were switched it would play a larger role with the narrative of the media. That is pretty amusing.
September 4, 201511 yr So she gets put in jail for going against the law. Well Pot meet Kettle Seems this guy did the same thing but he married gays when it was against the law and is walking free. I see such a double standard. I began issuing same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of the law for one reason, same-sex couples should have the same rights as any other couple. Greater Philadelphia Pride Parade - Hanes for Register Hanes for Register D. Bruce Hanes is an American elected official, serving as the Register of Wills in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Hanes was elected to his current office in 2007 and was re-elected in 2011.[1] Issuance of Same-sex Marriage Licenses[edit] On July 23, 2013, Hanes announced[2] that his office would issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. On September 12, 2013, Judge Dan Pellegrini issued an order[3] to cease the issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Pennsylvania. The particulars of the state of Pennsylvania and Hanes disobeying the law are a bit more complicated than that. He indeed jumped the gun and issued licenses before same-sex marriage was deemed constitutionally legal in the state. The state itself was in the middle of various court hearings, and it's legality was hinging on the State Supreme Court decision, which they ultimately concluded that it was unconstitutional to not allow same-sex marriages in the state. In the meantime he was ordered to cease issuing, and while he did break the law, he abided until he was legally again able to by the Supreme court decision. They did not arrest or jail him because of the nature of all of the suits and countersuits that were taking place, and the law previous to the change was being examined for its constitutionality, and was eventually overwritten. Was this the proper action regarding how to legally handle Hanes? I don't know, but I'm guessing that their ruling judge understood the situation to not be so cut and dried to arrest him, and that his lawyers presented their arguments in such a way to expose the loopholes of the law. Once the State Supreme Court had made their decision the case regarding Hanes breaking the law had been dropped. If it had been so cut and dried while he allegedly was breaking the law, he clearly would have been arrested, but since it was cloudy at best during the proceedings, and the law ultimately clarified, what he had done was deemed not to be against the law, and once the State Supreme Court had made their decision, a mute point. In the case of Kim Davis, she was breaking the law by not issuing licenses, and when ordered to, or else pay the consequences, she opted for the consequences. Pretty cut and dried. If you're not happy with how things were handled with Hanes, also remember that we're talking two different judges in two different states making the decisions with their rulings regarding Hanes vs. Davis.
September 4, 201511 yr Author From a restaurant in Cincinnati: SENATE Restaurant Today's Dog is.... The "Kim Davis" She's a plain bologna sandwich on white bread and she has to share her mustard packet with the rest of her table.
September 4, 201511 yr I'm not surprised by the death threats to Kim Davis or Judge Bunning. Hell, there are people in this country that murder doctors for performing abortions. It's one thing to stand up for what you believe in, but when you start thinking about killing people for that belief, you have gone off the deep end.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.