Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

Probably not, or they would have gone to Mason County to get their license already...guess we'll see

 

They probably will, and I'd be surprised if they didn't.

 

Aside from wanting the law to be upheld in the county where they live, they in an interview with Katie Couric said that if they had to go out of county to get a license, they weren't certain if they'd possibly be denied elsewhere as well wondering just how far, and how many attempts would need to be made, and they were also concerned with the attitude of their own county if it could get muddy if an out of county license would be recognized or not within the county where they actually live, and didn't want ongoing unforeseen complications that could arrive if that were to happen, as well as simply believing that considering the Supreme Court was on their side, then why should they be inconvenienced to have to go elsewhere, and what kind of precedence does that set in Rowan County, who needs simply to just abide by the law and not discriminate.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well this should solve the problem, all the homosexuals can flood the court house and celebrate. Go get married.

 

Im wondering if the same ones who she denied will wait to see if she get out and try again, only proving I was right on their agenda. making her go against her belief.

 

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is now 51 years old.

 

Just wondering if you're on board with that yet, or do you still need a little more time to digest the legality of all of that social fairness stuff?

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is now 51 years old.

 

Just wondering if you're on board with that yet, or do you still need a little more time to digest the legality of all of that social fairness stuff?

 

Yeah I'm on board with Civil Rights Act

The other stuff I won't say

 

Social Fairness, sorry but I don't think that exist in 2015. Nothing is fair

Does Rowan County make money on the marriage licenses, or does it go to the state?

 

If the county the license is signed in makes money off from it, I would not give Rowan County that money if I were one if the people looking for a license. Boyd County (Ashland) will happily issue a license.

 

Another question. There were fed vehicles at the courthouse earlier that said they were "federal protective service" on the side of the vehicle. What exactly is that? Is that just another agency for homeland security? First time I've seen anything with those markings

Has anyone gotten a quote from the Casey County clerk?

 

Yeah.

 

"I sed I ain't murryin no queerosexuals."

So is Kim Davis the only county clerk in the nation refusing to do her duties? Well her and the fella in Liberty. She's a national story. Is she the only one or just the first?

So is Kim Davis the only county clerk in the nation refusing to do her duties? Well her and the fella in Liberty. She's a national story. Is she the only one or just the first?

 

I thought someone said that there were 50 or 60 just in Kentucky that would refuse if the opportunity arose. I may have misremembered.

It's crazy to think that when I'm a high school history teacher I'll be able to tell my kids I was 5 minutes from the protests and what not.

 

 

I honestly think the situation could have been completely avoided. Other couples could have went a county over (I think), and Kim Davis was wrong to continue to refuse them for religious reasons. I am a Christian, and I know in the bible it tells you multiple times to obey in the governing authority. As soon as Supreme Court made the ruling she should have immediately gave the license to them.

 

 

Forever she will be apart of history though. This will be talked about in the same air of the most important moments in civil rights history.

I thought someone said that there were 50 or 60 just in Kentucky that would refuse if the opportunity arose. I may have misremembered.

 

 

117/120 are doing there job, according to our Governor.

We heard you 40,000 times already...your point doesn't follow logic. If they were doing only because they want to marry who they love, then they would have at whatever cost, irrespective of whether or not it was "fair". The comment was would they wait until she was out of jail to get the license...I think that's up in the air, and if in fact they do wait until she is back at work, then it proves a position about forcing someone to go against their belief. That's all...

 

Except that she is not being forced to do anything.

I thought someone said that there were 50 or 60 just in Kentucky that would refuse if the opportunity arose. I may have misremembered.

 

That would be Jesse James. He seemed pretty convinced.

"She's just like a Jew living in Nazi Germany" - attorney for Kim Davis

 

:ohbrother:

Yeah.

 

"I sed I ain't murryin no queerosexuals."

 

I am almost crying I am laughing so hard at that one PP92:)!

Except that she is not being forced to do anything.

 

She is now. Do not pass go, do not collect $100, go directly to jail.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.