Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

What it means is that marriage is open up to anyone no matter the sexual orientation of the two participants.

 

It does not have to be redefined by the legislature. They can if they want, but they don't have to ever redefine that statute.

 

Technically this isn't always true. For example when the Supreme Court over turned gun laws in major cities. People couldn't just go out buy guns even though it was ruled unconstitutional. They had to wait for the city governments to pass new laws defining it.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I understand that, and as I have said before, those that defend the flag don't agree with everyone that benefits from their effort...they do it because it's the right thing to do.

 

Now if everyone protesting was just protesting because it was "right", then no problem....changing my flag, I'm not happy with...I support an individual's right to speak freely...it's just disgusting and does not, in my opinion, lend me to get behind whatever it is someone is saying.

 

If I had to bet, I would bet that the people that desecrate the flag never had to defend someone's right to do it. Maybe then they could respect how disrespectful their position is to others....hmmm, talk about circular logic...

 

We are in lockstep.

 

We don't always like the way rights are exercised.

They shouldn't have to go to another county to get a license without being discriminated against.

 

We heard you 40,000 times already...your point doesn't follow logic. If they were doing only because they want to marry who they love, then they would have at whatever cost, irrespective of whether or not it was "fair". The comment was would they wait until she was out of jail to get the license...I think that's up in the air, and if in fact they do wait until she is back at work, then it proves a position about forcing someone to go against their belief. That's all...

She would make for an awesome character portrayal on next season's Orange is the New Black.

 

She's already on there. :D

 

Pennsatucky_praise.jpg

Or stopped in Flemingsburg along the way?

 

Better ice cream there ?

Guys, I've worked in the women's prison, and I have no idea what her term or where she'll be sentenced, but none are like the men's facilities. It's a grown up day care. She won't be struggling like you might think. So, I suppose we will see if she's got the wherewithal to ride it out. She has so far, and I'd lay $ on her now to do the same.

 

If she goes Fed, agreed. If she stays county (and the money from the Feds to county is always a consideration) then she's likely to not have the amenities of Fed lock up. I would take Fed over any county in KY, any day and twice on Sundays.

  • Author

I read that Judge Bunning felt that if he fined her instead of prison that it would not compel her to do her job as the money would come from outside sources.

Technically this isn't always true. For example when the Supreme Court over turned gun laws in major cities. People couldn't just go out by guns even though it was ruled unconstitutional. They had to wait for the city governments to pass new laws defining it.

 

I am not versed in that ruling so I can't comment but I will take your word for it.

 

We heard you 40,000 times already...your point doesn't follow logic. If they were doing only because they want to marry who they love, then they would have at whatever cost, irrespective of whether or not it was "fair". The comment was would they wait until she was out of jail to get the license...I think that's up in the air, and if in fact they do wait until she is back at work, then it proves a position about forcing someone to go against their belief. That's all...

 

We've heard you 40,000 times and we get that you are okay with people discriminating against others as long as there is someone else out there who won't discriminate against them. I'm not okay with that but it's your right to be.

  • Author
We heard you 40,000 times already...your point doesn't follow logic. If they were doing only because they want to marry who they love, then they would have at whatever cost, irrespective of whether or not it was "fair". The comment was would they wait until she was out of jail to get the license...I think that's up in the air, and if in fact they do wait until she is back at work, then it proves a position about forcing someone to go against their belief. That's all...

 

I do not believe it is OK to have someone go to another county because their clerk refuses to do her job.

 

If any of the couples who have been rejected by her decide to wait to get their license so that she is the one who has to sign it I would tell them that their pettiness is unbecoming and that they should look long and hard at how sure they are that true marriage is their goal.

We've heard you 40,000 times and we get that you are okay with people discriminating against others as long as there is someone else out there who won't discriminate against them. I'm not okay with that but it's your right to be.

 

Nope, you never saw me say I was ok with anyone being discriminated against, nowhere in any of the threads... I said I support an individual's right to take a stand. My opinion on the matter is neutral, I don't have a dog in the fight. You have no idea of my convictions, moral, legal or otherwise.

 

One thing I will tell you is that I support every American's right to their perspective, no matter how I may feel, agree or disagree about their position, it's their right and I defend everyone's option...I have never waivered from that position.

 

Please choose to not put words in my mouth unless you are accurate in them, we will get along much better that way...but I support your right to not accept that advice.

  • Author

The court reconvened at 1:45. The deputy clerks were to then tell the court whether they would comply or not. No word yet as to their decision.

I do not believe it is OK to have someone go to another county because their clerk refuses to do her job.

 

If any of the couples who have been rejected by her decide to wait to get their license so that she is the one who has to sign it I would tell them that their pettiness is unbecoming and that they should look long and hard at how sure they are that true marriage is their goal.

 

I believe "lockstep" is the appropriate response..

Better ice cream there ?

 

And the Fleming County courthouse.

I think it will interesting to see if any of the same sex couples that have tried to get marriage licenses in Rowan County now try to go to the other two Counties where the clerks have vowed not to issue marriage licenses.

  • Author
I think it will interesting to see if any of the same sex couples that have tried to get marriage licenses in Rowan County now try to go to the other two Counties where the clerks have vowed not to issue marriage licenses.

 

Hadn't thought about that.

 

If we admire Kim Davis for standing up for her rights then we can admire those who want to make sure that people like Kim Davis are not in other county courthouses.

 

We don't necessarily like the way they always go about it but we admire their conviction.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.