Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Clyde

If the Supreme Court rules that Marijuana is illegal then end of the story it is illegal in all 50 states. Until such time it is a state issue.

To be fair the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 did that already, I don't think anyone has taken that one to the court yet

Although in 69 they did overturn the Marijuana Act of 1937.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Supreme Court rules that Marijuana is illegal then end of the story it is illegal in all 50 states. Until such time it is a state issue.

So we should only choose to enforce laws that are deemed necessary because of the Supreme Court ? I would disagree and I think you would too.

To be fair the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 did that already, I don't think anyone has taken that one to the court yet

Although in 69 they did overturn the Marijuana Act of 1937.

Just like other laws/issues that come before the Supreme Court, some of those issues come before the court more than once and certainly if anyone is advocating using Federal Law to arrest people for Marijuana in states where it is legal that would need to go back in front of the Supreme Court for another ruling.

So we should only choose to enforce laws that are deemed necessary because of the Supreme Court ? I would disagree and I think you would too.

If you have a conflict between State Law and Federal Law like in this case, State Law is what you go with (the state law enforcement officials normally can't enforce the federal laws anyway so it would have to be Federal Agents) until the Supreme Court settles the differences.

I am not being mean here but you have to apply some common sense.

I posted this recently in the other thread, but since that thread will now likely fade, I'll repost it again here.

I have a simple non-scandolous question for anyone who might know the answer, and it literally requires no salivating fangs, or the sharpening of claws.

I've never really given it much thought until now, but I've always sorta wondered.

Why is a country clerk position an elected position?

Perhaps there's more to the duties and responsibilities than I'm aware of, but what makes such a repetitive mundane clerical job require that the clerk be elected?

Most elected officials are in positions where they're likely to be making important decisions for their particular municipality, and citizens will vote them into office to represent them.

Are there normally decisions of any caliber from big to small being made by county clerks that would make it necessary for citizens to carefully decide who they want in that position?

If not, then why isn't this position much like any other office position where worthy employees are awarded promotions if their work history shows that they are deserving?

Also, I don't know how this is in other counties, but typically in Kenton County, I don't recall a person running for the Clerk position ever having any competition on the ballot. It's usually just their name alone where you either vote for them, or you don't.

Right move by the Judge. As I said before I don't know what is in this ladies heart. But I do admire her conviction. I don't know many things on this earth I'm willing to sit in Jail over.

She had to get in trouble because you can't ignore the law. There is no debating that.