Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

If she's in jail, who is issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County?

Any of the clerks in her office can I think...of course she may (try to) fire them later.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on directions to the Deputy Clerks OR responses as to whether they would issue if she was not there? They were ordered to attend the contempt hearing.

If she's in jail, who is issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County?

 

I read somewhere if the Clerk is "absent" or "away," the County Judge Executive has the authority to issue.

So you are advocating ignoring law breakers when they are right in front of you?

 

I believe we do it all the time...uhh, Colorado, Washington, are we listening ?

The person that would issue Marriage Licenses would be The County Judge Executive.

I believe we do it all the time...uhh, Colorado, Washington, are we listening ?

 

Apples and oranges.

I know it's bad...but the first thing I did was go to twitter:

@NEXTtokomdavis

Now we're listening to "I kissed a girl" on repeat!! Need more suggestions for our #KimDavis jail mix!!!

Have you looked at @ClerkKimDavis ? Pure gold.

Then she has the talking part done.

 

I hope she rides it out. I have no problem for individuals standing firm for their beliefs and if she's willing to do the time, I support her. Most don't have the coconuts to be booked and get on the inside of the beast.

Apples and oranges.

 

Not at all, only if you want to see it that way. A law is a law is a law, picking and choosing what to enforce and why is the politics of the legal game...you and I both know that is a truism.

Apples and oranges.
That is correct. The issue brought up is a jurisdictional issue.
Not at all, only if you want to see it that way. A law is a law is a law, picking and choosing what to enforce and why is the politics of the legal game...you and I both know that is a truism.

 

If the Supreme Court rules that Marijuana is illegal then end of the story it is illegal in all 50 states. Until such time it is a state issue.

2nd in command. I would assume there is a KRS that dictates who is in charge now.

 

Actually I thought I read somewhere that since hers is a constitutional office until she's formally removed from office she can still act as county clerk even from jail and in fact it's been done before.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.