Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

If she's in jail, who is issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County?

 

The thing I read a short while ago said the judge told the deputy clerks that they had 30 minutes to decide if they wanted to join her or issues licenses.

 

Judge went with jail time as he knew supporters would raise money to pay her fines.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have a conflict between State Law and Federal Law like in this case, State Law is what you go with (the state law enforcement officials normally can't enforce the federal laws anyway so it would have to be Federal Agents) until the Supreme Court settles the differences.

 

I am not being mean here but you have to apply some common sense.

 

I'm not taking it mean but the application of common sense has long since left the building when politics became the central focus. You won't hurt my feelings, I just don't agree with some of the direction the country has headed. Just my opinion about things, I still sleep good.

 

Me and you are cool....:thumb:

  • Author

I do wonder how much of this conviction is hers vs how much she is getting put into her hear by advocates wanting to make a stand.

  • Author

I do see a book deal in the near future for her.

I have. And you are so right.

 

I never leave twitter open on my computer but have for most of the day today just waiting for new tweets from @NEXTtokimdavis and @ClerkKimDavis

 

The best are the people that try to call out @ClerkKimDavis like it's the real Kim Davis.

I do see a book deal in the near future for her.

 

I see her becoming a GoFunMe millionaire very soon too, which I see as being part of her plan.

I never leave twitter open on my computer but have for most of the day today just waiting for new tweets from @NEXTtokimdavis and @ClerkKimDavis

 

The best are the people that try to call out @ClerkKimDavis like it's the real Kim Davis.

 

I think the reason I like the nexttokimdavis account so much is because it's the thing we all wonder: what do the people in the office think. And that woman just happens to be in some of the pics and her expressions....

I see her becoming a GoFunMe millionaire very soon too, which I see as being part of her plan.

 

$80k a year to not do her job wasn't enough.

I do wonder how much of this conviction is hers vs how much she is getting put into her hear by advocates wanting to make a stand.

 

At this point I feel like it is more Liberty Council and less Kim Davis...

And that part was ruled invalid by the SCOTUS.

 

I don't get why that is still not being understood (not just by you milford but by a lot of people).

 

Which means marriage in KY is undefined at the current moment. Until its defined (by the legislature) no marriage licenses should be given, period.

Well this should solve the problem, all the homosexuals can flood the court house and celebrate. Go get married.

 

Im wondering if the same ones who she denied will wait to see if she get out and try again, only proving I was right on their agenda. making her go against her belief.

Which means marriage in KY is undefined at the current moment. Until its defined (by the legislature) no marriage licenses should be given, period.

 

What it means is that marriage is open up to anyone no matter the sexual orientation of the two participants.

 

It does not have to be redefined by the legislature. They can if they want, but they don't have to ever redefine that statute.

I have no issues with this woman standing for what she believes in, irrespective of what mine or anyone else's personal beliefs are. She has conviction and that is admirable.

 

What is interesting is how vindictive some people are about the whole situation, generally those on the opposite side of her position. The glee that some are taking in seeing justice enforced is a little disturbing.

 

Here's something that disturbed me during this ongoing event: the protesters who took it upon themselves to change the American flag to have multiply colors for the stripes, presumably to represent the LGBT population. I'm totally repulsed by that action alone and think it shows a total lack of respect for the American flag.

 

I'm sure I won't get a lot of support for my distaste of this flair, and frankly I don't care...but to desicrate the flag that represents the process that you are advocating for is total bunk. I don't believe you can "fly your colors" both ways and expect people that have fought and died for that flag to respect your position or opinion.

I'm not taking it mean but the application of common sense has long since left the building when politics became the central focus. You won't hurt my feelings, I just don't agree with some of the direction the country has headed. Just my opinion about things, I still sleep good.

 

Me and you are cool....:thumb:

 

Better pot than booze.

So it says she is ordered to jail until she agrees to issue marriage licenses. If she never decides to is she in jail forever?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.