Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

 

Every time I get upset about the perceived stereotypes of this state, I realize that stuff like this still exists...awesome.

 

I spend enough time driving around the state to see enough to indicate that sadly many stereotypes are accurate. Not to the most crazy extreme or with everyone but I have seen enough to know that they aren't far from accurate.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review.

 

Mr. Davis says his family has received death threats as well. Probably the most disappointing thing from either side of this issue is that people threaten the lives of those with opposite views. It's really, really saddening that we can't respect each other enough to disagree without being so damned evil toward one another.

Every time I get upset about the perceived stereotypes of this state, I realize that stuff like this still exists...awesome.

Neighbors and I were discussing same last night. Perhaps Judge Bunning should place Ms. Davis on home incarceration after a week or so, lest she start to take on martyr status in prison, which may be what she desires. That way Hannity, Huckabee and the 700 Club can interview her in her home, and the viewing public can say: "OK. I've heard her side of the story. Time to flip the channel."

 

Mr. Davis says his family has received death threats as well. Probably the most disappointing thing from either side of this issue is that people threaten the lives of those with opposite views. It's really, really saddening that we can't respect each other enough to disagree without being so damned evil toward one another.

 

Yep, that's us Kentuckians. We just love our threats no matter who you are. Not terribly surprising our elected officials have to promise not to duel.

Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review.

 

More people to throw in jail.

So she gets put in jail for going against the law.

Well Pot meet Kettle

 

Seems this guy did the same thing but he married gays when it was against the law and is walking free.

 

I see such a double standard.

 

I began issuing same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of the law for one reason, same-sex couples should have the same rights as any other couple.

Greater Philadelphia Pride Parade - Hanes for Register

 

Hanes for Register

 

D. Bruce Hanes is an American elected official, serving as the Register of Wills in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Hanes was elected to his current office in 2007 and was re-elected in 2011.[1]

 

Issuance of Same-sex Marriage Licenses[edit]

On July 23, 2013, Hanes announced[2] that his office would issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. On September 12, 2013, Judge Dan Pellegrini issued an order[3] to cease the issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Pennsylvania.

So she gets put in jail for going against the law.

Well Pot meet Kettle

 

Seems this guy did the same thing but he married gays when it was against the law and is walking free.

 

I see such a double standard.

 

I began issuing same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of the law for one reason, same-sex couples should have the same rights as any other couple.

Greater Philadelphia Pride Parade - Hanes for Register

 

Hanes for Register

 

D. Bruce Hanes is an American elected official, serving as the Register of Wills in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Hanes was elected to his current office in 2007 and was re-elected in 2011.[1]

 

Issuance of Same-sex Marriage Licenses[edit]

On July 23, 2013, Hanes announced[2] that his office would issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. On September 12, 2013, Judge Dan Pellegrini issued an order[3] to cease the issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Pennsylvania.

 

Big difference there is when he was ordered to stop, he did

Judge Bunning received death threats and is under U.S. Marshall protection per Kentucky Trial Review.

 

I sometimes wonder if in this case that someone related to the same sex marriage side was behind this to paint a bad picture of the religious side? I'm not saying that is the case here, but I do wonder sometimes. I have had the same questions in other disputes.

Mr. Davis says his family has received death threats as well. Probably the most disappointing thing from either side of this issue is that people threaten the lives of those with opposite views. It's really, really saddening that we can't respect each other enough to disagree without being so damned evil toward one another.

 

Again I wonder who is behind this, possibly the religious side? Again I'm not saying this is the case.

Yep, that's us Kentuckians. We just love our threats no matter who you are. Not terribly surprising our elected officials have to promise not to duel.

 

Not just elected officials. Lawyers as well.

If you threaten someone big like a federal judge, you're not playing with a full deck.

  • Author

Mrs. Davis is being held in the Carter County jail.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.