Patriots release email threads with league office confirming NFL

You couldn't be more wrong.

I Think this email thing is making people forget about some important facts.

What at was reported today was the emails are the pats saying all 11 of the 12 balls weren't 2lbs or more under inflated. They still had 11 footballs below the 12.5 psi, that has never been disputed.

Now back to your post, I would never say anything like you claim I would. If the NFL comes out and says they leaked information that was not true and only 1 or 2 balls per say we're below 12.5 then I would be the first to say the Commish needs to be fired and apologies to the Pats is. It only needed but warranted.

Do you ever step out of Foxboro and read what you type? Ever?

Whatever. Had Tom just said, yeah I had them adjusted when asked from the beginning, this would have been a minor slap on the wrist. But he didn't do that, he fought the law and the law is a giant egomaniacal idiot. You can sugar coat the thing, spin it, give me all of the laws of newton for that matter, and I don't care. I think the whole thing is stupid and petty and now Brady and Kraft have painted themselves in a corner and I hope that the suspension stands not to keep Tom off the field, but to curb moronic nonsensical liars from taking the risk of not simply OWNING IT. Say it, own it, deal with it, over. Simple as that.

Would you cooperate with a witch hunt?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. Had Tom just said, yeah I had them adjusted when asked from the beginning, this would have been a minor slap on the wrist. But he didn't do that, he fought the law and the law is a giant egomaniacal idiot. You can sugar coat the thing, spin it, give me all of the laws of newton for that matter, and I don't care. I think the whole thing is stupid and petty and now Brady and Kraft have painted themselves in a corner and I hope that the suspension stands not to keep Tom off the field, but to curb moronic nonsensical liars from taking the risk of not simply OWNING IT. Say it, own it, deal with it, over. Simple as that.

He had to be careful in the beginning due to timing. If he admitted anything before the SB, he took the risk of getting suspended for the SB. He had to make sure things were delayed until after. I also think he was just shocked in the beginning that this was even an issue because equipment issues have never been a big deal at all. I think Brady thinks he has done nothing that is not done by A LOT of other teams in the NFL - basically push the limits of the air pressure of the footballs to the QB's liking...

You lost me.

Sometimes on my phone I'm a bit brief in my posts.

Unless I missed it in this thread or the other threads it came out that the Ravens were the first team to notice deflated footballs. They informed the Colts who informed the league.

Sometimes on my phone I'm a bit brief in my posts.

Unless I missed it in this thread or the other threads it came out that the Ravens were the first team to notice deflated footballs. They informed the Colts who informed the league.

I was talking last year or the year before. The panthers were playing the Vikings, it was butt cold, they were seen on the side lines heat the balls with side line heaters. The league sent a letter to all teams reminding them they couldnt do that.

So you'd own up to something that has yet to be proven that you purposely did? I doubt you would. :D. I wouldn't. If someone is going to accuse me of something they better have facts to prove I did it. Especially if I don't think I did anything wrong.

Many owners have not forgotten spy gate. That, plus the frustration of not being able to beat the Pats in the playoffs resulted in some owners pressuring the league office on this issue. Could not beat them on the field, so this is what they resort to.

That is exactly the point of the thread. Public opinion has been influenced by DISINFORMATION. That is now established as fact. Lets get the facts on the table, and then decide.

Lets change the venue from the court of public opinion to Federal District Court, then we will see who reeks of stench and who smells like roses!

It could go to federal court and not make you look right at all. I think most have admitted including me that since there won't be complete proof to prove it that Brady will get out of his suspension. Not many people are disagreeing with that, at the same time it doesn't mean that Brady truly was innocent and the NFL was wrong for going after them. The one thing the Pats have proved is that they will push the rules and anything to the limit to gain a competitive edge. The Pats know in this case as long as no one comes out and openly admits to knowing anything that they will never be able to be completely proven to have known. You can go on and on about people just jealous of the Pats since they can't beat them on the field. When at the end of the day it took the Pats over ten years to win another super bowl after their spygate incidents. So seems like people were beating them. The NFL came down on them because the NFL has to try to assure a team doesn't gain a competive balance by breaking rules which the Pats have done before.

Did Wells completely screw up this investigation? Definitely! Based off that should the NFL have lifted his suspension since they can't completley prove it? Yes. Does that mean the Pats and Brady knew nothing about it and are truly innocent? Not at all. Wells should have asked for Bradys phone. Brady also was smart knowing if this goes to court the court could have asked for his phone. So he destroyed it, which is smart for him if he did have something to hide. No reason to destroy it if you know your innocent. Its just like any court case, a guy can be as guilty as can be but unless it can be proven completley then in the court of law they may be innocent but it doesn't mean they didn't actually do it.

The NFL was completley right to go after the Pats. However now that all the flaws in Wells report has been shown they should have changed the suspension not because Brady is innocent but just cause they can't prove it. Kudos to Brady and the Pats for being smart enough to know as long as no one openly admits it, then no way it could ever be proven.

I like Tom Brady and honestly I don't care if he suspended or not. However completely disagree with some of you saying the NFL was taregting the Pats and Brady for no reason. There was definite reason. Just because it may not get to be proven doesn't always mean they were innocent. Oj Simpson most likely guilty, but during his trial the prosecution wasn't able to completley prove it, doesn't mean he didn't do it. Just because things sometimes cant be completley proven doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did the Pats ever rehire the ball boys since they've now gone with the "absolutely nothing happened" stance? That should be the next PR domino.

I believe they were also suspended by the NFL and the NFL has to reinstate them before allowed to work for NFL

Then there's Vincent's reaction to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers discussing his preference for inflating and how Rodgers likes "to push the limit" on inflating the football.

Q. ...you will see that Mr. Rodgers was quoted as saying, "I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it." ... Do you see that?

A. Yes.

Q. Did you or anyone in your office conduct any investigation of Mr. Rodgers for making that statement?

A. No, sir.

Q. Would you agree with me that if Mr. Rodgers was pushing the limit of how much air could be in a football, that that would be him at least being generally aware of activities to try to violate the NFL rules regarding pressure for footballs?

A. The way I'm reading, this is a post-game comment and there is no need for us to react or overreact.

This was actually a PRE-game comment made by Rodgers to CBS Sports' Phil Simms, who relayed the quote during the Packers-Patriots broadcast.

Rodgers later said in a radio appearance, while lamenting the rules that keep footballs at a lower inflation, that "every game [the officials] taking air out of footballs I'm throwing."

I saw where some Brady emails talking about Peyton Manning were leaked to the public. That's why he destroyed his phone. Imagine what all would have been leaked from his phone.

No way I would EVER let Goodell and the boys have my phone. How can anyone trust the organization that leaked out incorrect PSI level information right from the beginning and then did NOT correct the misinformation when asked to by the Pats...