Patriots release email threads with league office confirming NFL

The NFL rule book specifies that the penalty for illegal equipment is $25,000. Cut and dried. The NFL under Roger Goodell is a joke. Think of all the time and resources that have been used on this crap...following a game that could have been won by 80 with any kind of balls.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Pats ever rehire the ball boys since they've now gone with the "absolutely nothing happened" stance? That should be the next PR domino.

I wonder why they haven't come out publicly declaring that they were only doing what the Pats/Brady instructed them to do, especially if they were not rehired?

I wonder why they haven't come out publicly declaring that they were only doing what the Pats/Brady instructed them to do, especially if they were not rehired?

My guess is the "Deflator" has gone on a serious diet and more focused on it at this time.

They keep quiet and perhaps they can remain on the list of Kraft "philanthropy".:idunno:

I don't think so. I believe this is lingering resentment over spy gate , and , frankly. sustained Patriot success. Did Tom Brady instruct the equipment handlers to inflate to the lower end of the limit? Most definitely Could the balls have been deflated by natural causes once certified by the Referee? Absolutely.. Deflate gate, is NOT about deflated footballs, it is about punishing the Patriots because of perceived cheating. A perception that was born out of spy gate , then proliferated by NFL disinformation driven by NFL ownership in Baltimore and Indianapolis.

Do you ever step out of Foxboro and read what you type? Ever?

I don't think so. I believe this is lingering resentment over spy gate , and , frankly. sustained Patriot success. Did Tom Brady instruct the equipment handlers to inflate to the lower end of the limit? Most definitely Could the balls have been deflated by natural causes once certified by the Referee? Absolutely.. Deflate gate, is NOT about deflated footballs, it is about punishing the Patriots because of perceived cheating. A perception that was born out of spy gate , then proliferated by NFL disinformation driven by NFL ownership in Baltimore and Indianapolis.

You are so wrong lol. It's getting comical with your conspiracy theories.

If you truly think the NFL was out to get the Patriots because they kept "Winning" then I want what you are smoking.

You do realize if the NFL was seriously out to get the Patriots and Brady they would have very easily suspended him or forfeited the AFCCG win so they wouldn't play in the Super Bowl. You really need to take off your Patriot glasses just once and try to be a little less bias in this matter.

You act as if the Patriots have been winning SB's left and right lately. This was their first SB win in how many years? You do realize that there have been 9 other SB winners since the Pat's last SB win don't you? You also realize the Steelers have won it twice in that same time span?

Get off your Patriot High horse, they aren't all that, they cheat period, they got caught cheating mulitiple times. Cheating has made them what they are today, instead of PAtriot Success, they are PAtriot Cheaters which enabled them to win 4 SB's

The NFL rule book specifies that the penalty for illegal equipment is $25,000. Cut and dried. The NFL under Roger Goodell is a joke. Think of all the time and resources that have been used on this crap...following a game that could have been won by 80 with any kind of balls.

This.

Goes back to my post asking what happened when the Panthers and Vikings were caught on tape heating balls. No one responded. In case anyone is wondering, the league sent all clubs a letter warning them not to heat balls. No fine, no suspension, I didn't even know about until this crap happened.

This. Goes back to my post asking what happened when the Panthers and Vikings were caught on tape heating balls. No one responded. In case anyone is wondering' date=' the league sent all clubs a letter warning them not to heat balls. No fine, no suspension, I didn't even know about until this crap happened.[/quote']

Ravens were the team that alerted the Colts.

I remain convinced that the footballs in the AFC Championship Game were tailored to Brady’s specifications, just as all the footballs used in every game are tailored to the specifications of the competing quarterbacks. (That was the whole point of the letter,signed nine years ago by Brady, and by Peyton Manning, among other quarterbacks, requesting that offenses be allowed to use their own footballs when on the road. That the NFL didn’t find this proposal laughable is the ur-screwup in this whole affair.) I believe that Brady knows what his own specifications are, and that he communicated them to the people handling the footballs. Period. Everything else is stuff and nonsense and empty air. Everything else is another measure of how much in the NFL has passed from the control of the commissioner and into the hands of the various plutocrats for whom he works. He can’t keep one set of owners from squealing on another owner? He can’t keep his franchises from acting on ancient grudges that don’t matter a damn to anyone except the walking egos involved in them? Ever since January, this endless, misbegotten hootenanny has been more than a test of Tom Brady’s character. It’s been a test of Roger Goodell’s leadership, and he has proved to be the Gregory Hines of stepping on hidden rakes.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I Think this email thing is making people forget about some important facts.

What at was reported today was the emails are the pats saying all 11 of the 12 balls weren't 2lbs or more under inflated. They still had 11 footballs below the 12.5 psi, that has never been disputed.

Now back to your post, I would never say anything like you claim I would. If the NFL comes out and says they leaked information that was not true and only 1 or 2 balls per say we're below 12.5 then I would be the first to say the Commish needs to be fired and apologies to the Pats is. It only needed but warranted.

Do you ever step out of Foxboro and read what you type? Ever?

So what is Brady guilty of? Suggesting to his equipment people that balls be inflated to the lower end of the LEGAL range? Brady had nothing to do with Spy Gate, so why make him your scapegoat?

Furthermore, I may not be an attourney, but I am a Chemical Engineer, and you might remember this thing called the ideal gas law. Goes like:

PV = nRT

So, if the pressure is measured indoors, and then taken outdoors in winter conditions, guess what? The pressure measurement decreases with decreasing temperature. In fact, the entire inflation standard is invalid because you have to specify a pressure range at a specific temperature.

Whatever. Had Tom just said, yeah I had them adjusted when asked from the beginning, this would have been a minor slap on the wrist. But he didn't do that, he fought the law and the law is a giant egomaniacal idiot. You can sugar coat the thing, spin it, give me all of the laws of newton for that matter, and I don't care. I think the whole thing is stupid and petty and now Brady and Kraft have painted themselves in a corner and I hope that the suspension stands not to keep Tom off the field, but to curb moronic nonsensical liars from taking the risk of not simply OWNING IT. Say it, own it, deal with it, over. Simple as that.