Cal's "We didn't play well" causes uproar

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You put together a good argument in your post, but I just wanted to highlight this. I'm still baffled by some of the plays.

I can't figure out why he passed it to a ND guy 3 feet in front of him on the 3 point arc. He had a few out of body experiences that game

I can't figure out why he passed it to a ND guy 3 feet in front of him on the 3 point arc. He had a few out of body experiences that game

He was faking a pass down to the post and the ball just slipped out of his hands on that one. Trust me I thought the same thing as you when I first saw it, so I had to watch the replay to know for sure lol. However he simply just had a bad game and many turnovers!

You put together a good argument in your post, but I just wanted to highlight this. I'm still baffled by some of the plays.

No doubt, Lyles was a liability. But without watching UK the whole season, I thought Cal stuck with him because for a majority of the game they were really really fighting to score and Lyles is his best offensive option at the 4 spot. I saw some people questioning why Johnson was in the game as he gives up so much defensively. I just thought it was because their offense was running so heavily through the post and Towns was in foul trouble. Do they ever play Johnson and Towns together? WCS or Lee certainly weren't going to give them scoring options in the post.

All of that said, what about when Lyles threw the ball to Harrison without looking, hit him in the hip, Colson picks it up, scores, and Lyles fouled him! That was huge play before the half! Thus, he played like an average freshman on the big stage. Not the first time it's happened. Just the first time for him maybe.

So is it not safe to say that ND caused UK to play bad with their execution and discipline? It seems to me that everyone discredits ND's game plan and uses the "it was a bad game by UK" excuse. ND was the reason UK looked bad majority of the game and was flustered. It wasn't that UK just played poorly. If you believe that was the case, then take off the blue glasses, please.

Cats should and could have won the rebound battle by a larger margin. With 4 min left the Harrison's were without a F.G. They could have played much better in a few areas. ND played a great game and ran out of gas and didn't execute at the end. That's all. Go Cats!

I like the Tiger example, how many times have were heard him say I didn't have my A game so I just had to grind it out? You know every tourney he said that at some guy played one of the best tourneys of his life and here's Tiger saying basically I sucked but won any way.

Serena Williams has NEVER lost to an opponent that she thinks out played her, if they beat her she says it was because she wasn't on HER game. The opponent had little if anything to do with it. She's even like that when her sister used to beat her.

Would every one have been happier if instead of saying that ND played great he had said ND sucked?

So is it not safe to say that ND caused UK to play bad with their execution and discipline? It seems to me that everyone discredits ND's game plan and uses the "it was a bad game by UK" excuse. ND was the reason UK looked bad majority of the game and was flustered. It wasn't that UK just played poorly. If you believe that was the case, then take off the blue glasses, please.

I thought it was a case of both. ND made UK look bad but UK missed a lot of easy short buckets.

I loved what Colin Cowherd said to open his show this morning on ESPNU to paraphrase it That Cal is not in the credit giving business Visa is, he is in the recruiting NBA prospects and winning NCAA titles. That in the last 9 min his 8 NBA players were better than Notre Dames 1.

Can you point to a post that said it was just UK playing poorly? Seems like just about everyone thinks ND was outstanding. Pointing out where UK was not as good as usual does not negate how well ND played.

Can you point to a post that said it was just UK playing poorly? Seems like just about everyone thinks ND was outstanding. Pointing out where UK was not as good as usual does not negate how well ND played.

Maybe I should have specified. I wasn't necessarily saying that it was the people on here. However, a lot of people I know personally and I guess it's just irritating. My apology if it came off as me coming at you guys.