Cal's "We didn't play well" causes uproar

SportsGuy41017

LOL, People always have to find a reason to hate.

"While coach John Calipari was celebrating his Kentucky team advancing to the Final Four, observers took to Twitter to blast the coach for his postgame comments.

The Wildcats escaped with a 68-66 win against Notre Dame in the Midwest Regional final in one of the most exciting games of the college basketball season. Some fans believed Calipari did not give enough credit to the Fighting Irish for providing one of the few real challenges Kentucky has encountered all season.

Calipari also gave credit to Notre Dame while accepting the Midwest Regional trophy, saying the Irish deserved applause for their effort. But he dismissed the idea that this was the toughest obstacle his Wildcats had faced. He apparently rubbed people the wrong way with that comment."

John Calipari's postgame comments cause an uproar on social media | NCAA Basketball | Sporting News

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kentucky didnt play well............They played well enough..............As stated earlier Cal is hated and will be hated irregardless of how this tourney plays out. Cal has stated over and over that he is only concerned about his team. The other team can take care of their own. GO CATS

He did over and over in every subsequent interview go out of his way to praise ND and Brey for the job they did.

But that said I understand ND fans being upset if that was the only comment they heard.

Cal was correct in saying UK didn't play that great, because they didn't and I would say that ND didn't play their best either but were very very good.

He did over and over in every subsequent interview go out of his way to praise ND and Brey for the job they did. But that said I understand ND fans being upset if that was the only comment they heard. Cal was correct in saying UK didn't play that great' date=' because they didn't and I would say that ND didn't play their best either but were very very good.[/quote']

I would hate to see ND on a great night then. They owned the #1 undefeated team for at least 30 mins of the game.

I would hate to see ND on a great night then. They owned the #1 undefeated team for at least 30 mins of the game.

Thank goodness they were 4-14 shooting 3's...playing the game they did andplus hitting between 7 and 9 of those 3's would have been a Great Night IMO.

What is it that people think UK could have done significantly better? If they didn't play well...

Don't remember the number of points they gave up in the paint but it was considerable. The cuts to the basket seemed to irk Cal pretty much.

What is it that people think UK could have done significantly better? If they didn't play well...

Some of the turnovers were mind boggling, Slow rotations defensively several times. Settling for jump shots at times. Otherwise played hard

They were not themselves on defense, especially when defending the pick and roll.

Trey Lyles had three, maybe four just awful turnovers that lead to easy points. I don't even think it was ND's D that caused the turnovers I remember, just awful plays. I'm going to watch the game again on Monday or Tuesday but I just remember them being bad.

Didn't shoot free throws at the same percentage that they were throughout the last month.