Who is to blame for UK's underachievement?

theguru

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to what Calipari says on talk shows and during his media appearances. I've hear him say at least 5 times in the last week something along the lines of "and I don't want my team peaking right now..." or "we don't want to be playing our best basketball right now..."

Almost like a smart jockey holding their horse back.

OK, I'll bite. "Underachievement" is probably the wrong word, but I think it's fair to ask what has happened to UK's ability to score since the Louisville game? Louisville has a good defense and so scoring 58 points there is excusable, but let's not sit around and pretend that Ole Miss and Texas A&M are powerhouses that really put a defensive strangle on this team full of All-Americans. Apart from Towns, UK isn't getting a whole lot from their big guys, are they?

Say what you will about underachievement, but I think it's a fair question: why are they suddenly struggling to score against teams that aren't very good?

Excuse me but I haven't read the entire post because I don't believe they are at 15-0 but I think they definitely have some areas of concern. My biggest concern is that I don't think Cal's offense is designed to get the Harrisons nearly 50% of the shots in the game. The bigs are not contributing because they are not getting the ball enough. Could that be a lot of their own fault for not working hard enough to make themselves available, sure it could but I see Andrew passing to Aaron an awful lot and really not looking inside enough. I think the platoon should be more Andrew with Booker and Eulis with Aaron then maybe the bigs get more involved, just mho. Could this Harrison to Harrison thing be due to the platoon and their thinking that their stock is falling too hard? Imo neither one of the Harrisons at this point and time will be taken 1st round next year if they come out. That is a lot of lost money if they fall to the 2nd round or completely out of the draft. Could this be their way of trying to improve their stock? I guess only Cal knows the answer to whether he has the same concern. He makes the calls on playing time. What I am seeing is that with increased minutes for the Harrisons overall offensive distribution seems to be decreasing.

Hogwash. We went from people thinking Kentucky was guaranteed 40-0 and could beat an NBA team to the goal posts being adjusted with two scares coming to weak conference opponents. You met and know lots of them, and you're being disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Tell me more about the people I've met...please.

I mean, I've seen know it alls, but to tell me about my experience with people...that's funny.

To be honest, every Kentucky fan I know (that I've talked to) expected some tough games but still remain overly confident in the team.

I'll wait here for you to tell me I'm wrong about the people I know...that you have never met...

Tell me more about the people I've met...please.

I mean, I've seen know it alls, but to tell me about my experience with people...that's funny.

To be honest, every Kentucky fan I know (that I've talked to) expected some tough games but still remain overly confident in the team.

I'll wait here for you to tell me I'm wrong about the people I know...that you have never met...

Same here. I still have family in Lexington and a friend of 40 years who is a rabid UK fan. They all figure at some point someone is going to up and get them. They are confident that UK will win the NC though. I've never had the conversation about beating an NBA team with them. I expect they would see the humor in it.

I know those fans are out there in numbers, I just don't personally know any.