Who is to blame for UK's underachievement?

theguru

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect Guru, but they are 15-0. I think most can agree this isn't the greatest team ever assembled in the history of organized basketball, but they are doing exactly what is expected, winning. They get knocked out in 1st or 2nd round of NCAA, then we can revisit underachieve.

I think it was best summed up in the recent final score thread by someone. Kentucky "falls" to 15-0.

Tell me about A&M then?

We all know that game shouldn't have been close at all.

Neither should the Duke/NC State, Wisconsin/Rutgers, or Arizona/Oregon State games, yet they all lost.

Road games in conference are tough, regardless of opponent.

No way you can say a team that hasn't lost is underachieving because the margin of victory isn't as large as some anticipated.

No one bc they are still learning to play on the offensive side as well as they do defensively. Ole Miss, with the way they played that night vs. UK would have gave anyone in the country all that they could handle, beating most. A&M also played very well, along with the Cats looking / playing sluggish on Sat. the Cats still won on the road in conference. U.K. is 15-0 / 2-0, I don't think that could be improved on.

Like was reported that Cal had Tweeted ...."Don't Panic".

Tell me about A&M then?

We all know that game shouldn't have been close at all.

Conference road game in the middle of January against a team that played up while we got potentially the worst games from our front court- excluding Dakari

It WILL happen again- at Vandy or at Tennessee- and we will get a couple of scares in Rupp, too. It is the nature of the beast in conference play- especially if we remain undefeated

Everyone will be gunning to knock us off so the Cats will see some closely contested games before the season ends- and least we forget that we only have one upper classmen playing. While we have experience, we have four true freshmen in the rotation along with four sophomores, so this team is fairly young