Who is to blame for UK's underachievement?

theguru

I've not met anyone who thinks like that.

Hogwash. We went from people thinking Kentucky was guaranteed 40-0 and could beat an NBA team to the goal posts being adjusted with two scares coming to weak conference opponents. You met and know lots of them, and you're being disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can be overrated in different ways.

For example, when people said they could beat the Sixers. Overrated.

Your basis?

Worst 2 point shooting team since December. How can a team be "the best team in America" shooting 34% from the field in all shots less than 20 feet 9 inches? That's asinine. When they play a real team they'll get beat shooting like that. Too much talent to be shooting that poor of a percentage.

OK, I'll bite. "Underachievement" is probably the wrong word, but I think it's fair to ask what has happened to UK's ability to score since the Louisville game? Louisville has a good defense and so scoring 58 points there is excusable, but let's not sit around and pretend that Ole Miss and Texas A&M are powerhouses that really put a defensive strangle on this team full of All-Americans. Apart from Towns, UK isn't getting a whole lot from their big guys, are they?

Say what you will about underachievement, but I think it's a fair question: why are they suddenly struggling to score against teams that aren't very good?