No Need To Show Sam Video

A comparable player to Michael Sam is Dee Ford of Auburn, a first-round draft choice of K.C. Both are about 6-2 and 255 pounds. Sam had the better year in the SEC, which is why the coaches named him, along with C.J. Moseley, co-defensive players of the year. Time will tell.
Or Jackson Jeffcoat at Texas who was an AP All-American at DE along with Sam. But unlike Sam, Jeffcoat was not drafted.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I file this away in the "Who Cares?" folder. I'm all for equal rights, but at the same time this made me a little uncomfortable. It didn't ruin my day, or make me upset at ESPN b/c it really wasn't anything bad. Just wasn't my cup of tea. Got over it pretty quickly.

As it was, this could be a good pick for the Rams if it allows them to bring 4 DEs in on passing downs, ala the Giants. He'll always be a liability against the run due to his size, but if he can give them 5+ sacks a season as a 7th rounder, that's hitting a home run.

My only issue with them showing this was it's not something I want to have to explain to my 8 year old daughter. I don't expect to see this on ESPN during draft coverage so wasn't ready for it when it happened. My daughter happened to walk into the room just before, luckily she wasn't looking at the TV and I was able to turn it first.

A comparable player to Michael Sam is Dee Ford of Auburn, a first-round draft choice of K.C. Both are about 6-2 and 255 pounds. Sam had the better year in the SEC, which is why the coaches named him, along with C.J. Moseley, co-defensive players of the year. Time will tell.

Dee Ford

35 1/2 vertical

29 reps at the bench press

4.54 40

Michael Sam

30" vertical

19 reps

4.73 - 40

Ford is faster, stronger, and more athletic.

Had this been a guy and his girl it wouldn't have had 15 minutes of solid coverage.

Anybody remember when Jan Vesely was drafted by the Wizards a few years back? He got a lot of coverage for his kiss with his girlfriend. Can't recall much complaining, although there was a lot of good-natured chuckling and "atta boys" for him.

Anybody remember when Jan Vesely was drafted by the Wizards a few years back? He got a lot of coverage for his kiss with his girlfriend. Can't recall much complaining, although there was a lot of good-natured chuckling and "atta boys" for him.

Thats Horrible and OMG. Where is my fine.

The reason for the over-blown coverage by ESPN and any other outlet is to provoke a negative reaction. That is how the game works. There is no issue at all with it being shown at first, but anything in excess is to try and spark a controversy.

My only issue with them showing this was it's not something I want to have to explain to my 8 year old daughter. I don't expect to see this on ESPN during draft coverage so wasn't ready for it when it happened. My daughter happened to walk into the room just before, luckily she wasn't looking at the TV and I was able to turn it first.

What is there to explain?? All that was shown was a couple, apparently in love, celebrating a happy moment. It just happened to be two guys. It's a fact of life, there are gay people in the world, and you're going to have to have this conversation with her at some point in time. At least you would have been present. You could see this walking through the mall, or at the park, at any given time, and maybe she might have come upon something like this when you weren't there.

I have no problem with the coverage. Did it need to be replayed so many times? Probably not. The only thing which bothered me was the smashing of the cake in each others faces. I know not a big deal but I don't remember ever seeing it done with any other draftees. I always say, act like you have been there no matter the circumstances.

It coulda been a male and a female, and if they showed them smashing cake in each others face and kissing following it would have been over the top. I don't have any problem with initial kiss, it's the throwing it in our face thing.

Now, to their credit, maybe ESPN is to blame for airing that, because maybe a heterosexual draftee has done that before and never made the camera.

In the end, we're all contributing to it, because we are talking about it, which is exactly the reaction they wanted when they aired it.

Dolphin player fined for tweeting OMG and horrible when it showed the 2 men kissing.

Would he be fined if he tweeted it if a guy and girl was kissing! No

This is total bullcrap.

You're right. There probably wouldn't have been a fine. And there is absolutely a bit of a double standard. You have to remember though, heterosexuals have never been discriminated against, beaten to death, made fun of, excluded, or shamed for being heterosexual. Homosexuals have had to deal with those issues their entire lives, and are probably deservedly a little sensitive. Even here on this board the terms "gross", and "disgusting" have been used to describe what happened. It would be great if that double standard didn't exist. But it will until as a society, we are more inclusive and not so judgmental.

Set up for ESPN and gay community. ESPN knew what was going to happen.

Gay days at Disney World and ESPN.

If not a big deal why does Disney have a Gay Days. Do they have to announce it.

Can we have a white days, black days, foreigner days?

Where is the equality?