No Need To Show Sam Video

Set up for ESPN and gay community. ESPN knew what was going to happen.

Gay days at Disney World and ESPN.

If not a big deal why does Disney have a Gay Days. Do they have to announce it.

Can we have a white days, black days, foreigner days?

Where is the equality?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the equality?

With all due respect MR, isn't every day at Disney white heterosexual day?

So, here's my thought: What would have happened if he'd have not been drafted? Were they there to show his agony?

That's a good question. I guess it depends on whether that would have been a big news story, that is, something that would have driven ratings. My guess is that him not getting drafted would not have been nearly as big a story. It would have been a story, but I doubt that it would have generated the same reactions, both positive and negative.

Ha, have you been there lately? It's a foreign country.
Nope, but which is it? Gays, foreigners, blacks? What? It's not the early 70s and not every patron of the happiest place in the world is a white male, his white wife and his 3 white children.

Where is the equality?

The equality comes when everybody treats everybody else the same way. So when people stop being "disgusted" or "grossed out" by that lifestyle, or when people stop saying "it's ok to be gay, as long as you don't do it in public", then maybe some of that double standard will go away. Like it or not, gays have been on the short end of the equality stick for quite some time.

Nope, but which is it? Gays, foreigners, blacks? What? It's not the early 70s and not every patron of the happiest place in the world is a white male, his white wife and his 3 white children.

Mostly foreigners

Where is the equality?

Disney does not officially sanction, do anything to organize or publicize Gay Days at any of their theme parks. They do however, have several Christian themed days such as the Night of Joy where the park is shut down during the evening and is only open to people with at ticket specifically for that event. They also have a candlelight processional and church services on Christmas. If you want equality and they ban Gay Days you would want the Christian themed events done away with too, right?

What is there to explain?? All that was shown was a couple, apparently in love, celebrating a happy moment. It just happened to be two guys. It's a fact of life, there are gay people in the world, and you're going to have to have this conversation with her at some point in time. At least you would have been present. You could see this walking through the mall, or at the park, at any given time, and maybe she might have come upon something like this when you weren't there.

What to you mean what is there to explain. We're talking about an 8 year old, not a teen. If you can't see the difference no need to continue.

What to you mean what is there to explain. We're talking about an 8 year old, not a teen. If you can't see the difference no need to continue.

Yes, I do agree there is a difference between an 8 year old and a teen. But I bet any 8 year old has seen hundreds of kisses on tv in their lifetime. And that's all this was....a kiss between a loving couple. And I'm betting (and I may be wrong) that you haven't felt a need to explain every kiss she's seen. An explanation is as simple as "while most men are in love with and kiss women, there are some that feel that way about other men". And most importantly, that doesn't make them a bad person. There are lots of teachable moments out there whether its concerning love, relationships, drugs, or whatever. I think this is one of them....a great chance to teach that there are many different kinds of people, and it's easier and better to teach these lessons early on than to wait and possibly have them learn the lessons from their friends when they are older, and we don't have as much control over the message.

Yes, I do agree there is a difference between an 8 year old and a teen. But I bet any 8 year old has seen hundreds of kisses on tv in their lifetime. And that's all this was....a kiss between a loving couple. And I'm betting (and I may be wrong) that you haven't felt a need to explain every kiss she's seen. An explanation is as simple as "while most men are in love with and kiss women, there are some that feel that way about other men". And most importantly, that doesn't make them a bad person. There are lots of teachable moments out there whether its concerning love, relationships, drugs, or whatever. I think this is one of them....a great chance to teach that there are many different kinds of people, and it's easier and better to teach these lessons early on than to wait and possibly have them learn the lessons from their friends when they are older, and we don't have as much control over the message.

I've got no intention of teaching my daughter or son for that matter about homosexuals at this young of an age. It's too confusing and would prefer it wait until they are old enough to understand it. A man and women kissing is natural and my kids have seen it the whole life. Whether homosexuals want to admit it or not gay is not normal.

I've got no intention of teaching my daughter or son for that matter about homosexuals at this young of an age. It's too confusing and would prefer it wait until they are old enough to understand it. A man and women kissing is natural and my kids have seen it the whole life. Whether homosexuals want to admit it or not gay is not normal.

There's "not wanting to have to explain it to them yet" and there's "well they saw it so I have to explain it now" , correct?

I've got no intention of teaching my daughter or son for that matter about homosexuals at this young of an age. It's too confusing and would prefer it wait until they are old enough to understand it. A man and women kissing is natural and my kids have seen it the whole life. Whether heterosexuals want to admit it or not gay is normal, just not the majority.

There,I fixed your quote for you.