What is the most interesting thing you've been hit in the head with.....and why?

Doppler Don

Mine: While riding my vintage 1964 Huffy Corvair through the streets of Petersburg, a wild turkey flew out of nowhere and struck me in the temple. Why he did it, I don't know. I have never done anything that could even remotely be considered hostile to a turkey. Well.....except on Thanksgiving.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once got hit in the head with a backhoe bucket, my Dad was operating the equipment. For the longest time I wasn't sure how to take it because he was laughing after he realized I was ok.

Mrs. Birdbrain has wielded several items that would qualify as interesting but luckily she has refrained from most of them, typically it's just the back of her hand

Winner: Lightning

Why: Called in sick when I wasn't to go rappelling that day, got hit by lightning later same day...realized at that point just how much power WALMART had, that they could call down lightning on a 19 year old kid for calling in sick when he wasn't.

Runner-up: Fire Truck

Why: Stupid, it's not like it wasn't big and red and sitting right in front of me. But I ran right into a ladder sticking off the back of the truck and sliced my eye lid in half.

Ducked at just the right moment to avoid a bird while riding my motorcycle. Even with my helmet on, a bird at 60 mph would probably jolt my head back pretty dang good.

Back to what has actually hit me in the head, when you are six foot five and one half, you periodically will have rude encounters with things that are generally high enough for 95% of the population when you are not paying attention.

Ducked at just the right moment to avoid a bird while riding my motorcycle. Even with my helmet on, a bird at 60 mph would probably jolt my head back pretty dang good.

I thought that you were gonna say Ernie.

When I was a young teen, had a buddy that boxed and worked out at Terry O'Brien's gym. One day I went to the gym with him and popped off about how easy I thought dancing around for three minutes was. Being the cocky young dumbbutt that I was, I got in the ring with another kid. I did OK until I ran into his right hand. First time I had ever been knocked out.

A tree...... Got in a pretty bad wreck on Mt Zion road before they straightened it out. We hopped a hill, blew out a tire lost control hit a tree, went through a fence and then flipped it twice end over end. I was half asleep with my head resting on the rears drivers side window when we hit the tree on my side. Picked bark out of my head for the next few weeks.

Also asphalt from a motorcycle wreck 2 years ago, a rock when I was really young, maybe 6. A remote control or two and that's about it. Everything typically just bounces off but I've got some scars on my dome that's for sure.

Something that comes to mind that "didn't" hit me in the head, for if it had I wouldn't be here to tell you about it.

Freshman year: Saw the guys on the Track & Field team throwing shot in practice and thought "That looks easy", so I join team.

Not that easy really, nor did I have proper understanding of the momentum thing.

Day after day of practice, I finally toss it a few feet further than normal when I got the handle of an effective body spin.

Elated, I go to retrieve my toss and hear "Watch Out!", for the guy next in line hadn't looked to see if the coast was clear, and I feel an 8 Pound Shot go smashing into the outside of my leg near the knee.

I lucked out in 2 respects in that it had only bruised a muscle when I was certain with me not being able to walk right for a couple of days was a sign of a break, and secondly, I always credit the additional feet of my toss to have saved me from being hit in the head, for if it had been one of my normal lame tosses, it would stand to reason that if I had been closer to the next tosser that my head, and not my leg would've caught the impact of his toss.

Dying that way would've sucked considering that I had little business being on the T&F team to begin with. It's not like I grew up aspiring for such. It was merely a substitute sport since having been cut at tryouts for everything else up until that point in my first year of high school.

Thereafter, I read the writing on the wall and pretty much stuck with intramural basketball for the duration of my high school years.

Mine: While riding my vintage 1964 Huffy Corvair through the streets of Petersburg' date=' a wild turkey flew out of nowhere and struck me in the temple. Why he did it, I don't know. I have never done anything that could even remotely be considered hostile to a turkey. Well.....except on Thanksgiving.[/quote']

File under 'Only in Kentucky'.

Winner: Lightning

Why: Called in sick when I wasn't to go rappelling that day, got hit by lightning later same day...realized at that point just how much power WALMART had, that they could call down lightning on a 19 year old kid for calling in sick when he wasn't.

Runner-up: Fire Truck

Why: Stupid, it's not like it wasn't big and red and sitting right in front of me. But I ran right into a ladder sticking off the back of the truck and sliced my eye lid in half.

Not so fast "jumpy". I'll declair the winners in this thread.

But I must admit, you are going to be tough to beat. If the firetruck was at the scene of the lightning strike to put the fire out on your head, game over.