What is the most interesting thing you've been hit in the head with.....and why?

Doppler Don

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

105 mm howitzer round ammo crate. Pine wood construction, I guess they weighed about 15 pounds or so. Guy hit me square in the forehead with one, reared back and swung it at me as some of us were goofing off one night, "raiding" each other camouflage nets. I have no idea what prompted him to do what he did, but I didn't go down. But I tell you, I wanted to rip him in two...not sure why I didn't.

My grandpa asked me to carry an aluminum extenstion ladder to the barn. As I was carrying it I was sholder pressing over my head because I was just that kind of a stud back then. I went down a slight grade which was a little damp and slipped. The 20 foot extension ladder crashed down on my head and knocked me loopy.

I was sleeping and the ceiling in my bedroom came crashing down on my head. The ceiling was plaster and about 1" thick. Crushed 4 vertebra in my neck. Had surgery to repair it but I now have nerve damage in my hands.

Dang... that sounds horrible. That creeps me because I was in a similar situation, but unlike you, I lucked out big time.

I used to work 3rd shift and slept in the daytime. On my two days off a week I rearranged my sleep so I could enjoy the day, and sleep some at night.

One day while off work, I was out enjoying the day, but couldn't wait to get home to catch a much needed nap.

I walk into my bedroom, and the bed was covered with heavy plaster that had fallen from the ceiling while I was out, and luckily it happened on my day off, for if it had been during my work week, It would've crashed on top of me during the time I was normally sleeping.

I filled a curb style garbage bin with what had fallen, and could barely move the bin after if was full for it was so very heavy.

Needless to say I didn't get a nap that afternoon for having to clean up the mess, and was pretty nervous about sleeping there until the ceiling had been repaired, but did anyhow as it appeared that the damage had been done.

Your story reminds me, and makes me count my blessings of how very lucky I was that day, because without a doubt it would have more than just hurt if it had fallen on me.

I'm sorry that you went through the true horror of the incident and are still having troubles.

I once got hit in the head with a backhoe bucket, my Dad was operating the equipment. For the longest time I wasn't sure how to take it because he was laughing after he realized I was ok.

Mrs. Birdbrain has wielded several items that would qualify as interesting but luckily she has refrained from most of them, typically it's just the back of her hand

Test her arm, I'm sure it's not that accurate. :lol2:

A few elbows, baseballs (twice more in the past two weeks), a indoor soccer wall, the ground, a coffee table that my brother decided to bounce my head into, a shoulder, a knee, shelves from standing up like an idiot when I shouldn't have, an umpire's fist, a random guy's fist, a friend's fist while boxing, a minivan window when I was hit by a car, and probably numerous other things.