Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christen Cunningham to Cordia

Featured Replies

I just gotta wonder how this is going over with the locals and the effect on team chemistry. How does the community including the players and the families of the players who will be moved down the bench with all the questionable transfers feel about it?

Um, what locals?

  • Replies 118
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just gotta wonder how this is going over with the locals and the effect on team chemistry. How does the community including the players and the families of the players who will be moved down the bench with all the questionable transfers feel about it?

 

If I were guessing, the excitement in the community is probably greater than it usually is-- and it probably feels that much sweeter when they beat some other schools in the region who've benefitted from transfers for years when those schools claim "transfers" after being beaten by Cordia.

 

Look up the name Austin Combs. Local kid, freshmen. Will probably see the floor for Cordia this year with kids who can actually play at or above his level. Local kid whose benefitted more than anyone else if I were guessing. Maybe someone should ask him how he feels. It's probably going to get him attention he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Edited by JokersWild24

Didn't Cordia send half their team home from the summer state tournament at KBA?

If I were guessing, the excitement in the community is probably greater than it usually is-- and it probably feels that much sweeter when they beat some other schools in the region who've benefitted from transfers for years when those schools claim "transfers" after being beaten by Cordia.

 

Look up the name Austin Combs. Local kid, freshmen. Will probably see the floor for Cordia this year with kids who can actually play at or above his level. Local kid whose benefitted more than anyone else if I were guessing. Maybe someone should ask him how he feels. It's probably going to get him attention he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

 

Do you really think he'll see the floor as a freshmen? Or will they just bring someone in over him?

Didn't Cordia send half their team home from the summer state tournament at KBA?

 

Yes.

Yes.

 

I don't know that whole situation but makes me wonder if everyone is on board.

I don't know that whole situation but makes me wonder if everyone is on board.

 

I don't know the whole story but I was told that something had happened and the assistant coach sent them home and they just played with 5 the rest of the summer.

 

 

 

Cordia is stacking up and gonna be fun to watch this year.

Do you really think he'll see the floor as a freshmen? Or will they just bring someone in over him?

 

Yes.

 

If they are good enough that he doesn't see the floor at all, then the rest of the state is probably in a world of trouble.

Yes.

 

If they are good enough that he doesn't see the floor at all, then the rest of the state is probably in a world of trouble.

 

Austin Combs played last year for Cordia. I watched him hit some clutch free throws at Hazard.

Um, what locals?

 

Right...LOL...you mean the dudes that couldnt beat the Washington Generals. Good Stuff Spin

Now that school has started what is the latest news on Cordia. Did all the new players that has been discussed on here all summer finally enroll? And will they be eligible?

 

If they have the team that's in the photo at the beginning of this thread, and then throw Cunningham into the mix, they will be difficult to keep out of Rupp in March imo. I'm not positive but I do go back as far as the early 1960's in watching high school basketball, their front court might be the tallest that's ever been in the 14th region. Breathitt County had two 6'9 players and a 6'6 back in the mid '80's, but this Lions team is bigger.

I was just told today that it's looking positive for ALL of them to be eligible.

If all of Cordia's talent is there and in place, I can see a run to Saturday (semis) as a real possibility. Of course, that would be somewhat contingent on them not drawing someone like the 7th in their first game.

 

IF they make it that far, having not played in Rupp before, I think getting a team that they can sort of roll over in their first round game would be huge for them. Another possible advantage would be getting a game on the second day so they could get down there, settle into the hotel, take in the games and atmosphere the day before, then not be as shell-shocked by everything come game time.

Julian Tackett, Commisioner of the KHSAA, really dropped the ball on this one. Getting Rhodes to come to Lotts Creek and coach Cordia was fishy enough but then Rhodes getting all these recruits, especially a Nationally ranked Top 100 talent from Jackson, Mississippi in Malik Hines. I just wonder whose hands the money has been exchanging through..

I'm personally glad to see Julian Tackett, Darren Billberry, and the rest get exposed. Fairview football is just as guilty and it goes on and on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.