Christen Cunningham to Cordia

BC23

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is the timeline

6th Grade- 6th grade team at SAYRE wins KBA middle school state tournament where he is named tourney MVP (team also had Jordan Green and Dakari Johnson)

7th Grade- plays Varsity for SAYRE

8th Grade- plays 8th, Frosh, and JV for SCOTT COUNTY

Freshman- plays JV and puts in minutes on Varsity for SCOTT COUNTY

Sophomore- starts Varsity for HENRY CLAY

Junior- starts Varsity for HENRY CLAY

Senior- Will most likely start for CORDIA Varsity

So 3rd high school in 4 years, 4th school he'll played Varsity for. A true journeyman!

The KHSAA stopped intervening when their decisions were being routinely overturned by local friendly judges.

They stated in a late December HLeader article, that they were not bigger than the judicial system, and asked the local school systems to police their individual programs.

How's that working out???????

Wow.

Thanks for adding so much to the discussion. Really, you should probably get some type of civic award, but you probably already have tons of those.

What is there really to discuss? Pretty obvious what's going on. Civic award? That's funny. IMO....KHSAA has to be given back the opportunity to say if you transfer in the state of Kentucky you sit out a year. This will stop all of this nonsense.

What is there really to discuss? Pretty obvious what's going on. Civic award? That's funny. IMO....KHSAA has to be given back the opportunity to say if you transfer in the state of Kentucky you sit out a year. This will stop all of this nonsense.

Or let kids transfer once regardless of situation or location. Then if they decide to transfer again, it should be highly scrutinized. That's my opinion. However, I'll say again, and again, we are headed towards club basketball in our state. It's on it's way, write it down.

Spindoc ... I like that thought. I am in favor of either sit out a year or be eligible right away ... One or the other. But 1 free transfer is not bad either. It would definitely eliminate a Cunningham situation of 3 different high schools.

So is his older brother Trey going to be a part of Rhodes coaching staff?

Rhodes has a big-vision dream for the small school. He sees Cordia possibly becoming the next Oak Hill Academy, the nationally famous Virginia prep school that routinely attracts some of the country's best basketball players to a remote locale.

Read more here: Ex-Cat Rhodes feels at home coaching in tiny Cordia, Ky. | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

Rhodes has a big-vision dream for the small school. He sees Cordia possibly becoming the next Oak Hill Academy, the nationally famous Virginia prep school that routinely attracts some of the country's best basketball players to a remote locale.

Read more here: Ex-Cat Rhodes feels at home coaching in tiny Cordia, Ky. | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

Then they should withdraw from the KHSAA and play a prep schedule. Nobody would complain then.

Sidebar:

This is the first time I have ever seen this publicly admitted......speaking about Rhodes as a Wildcat......

After he left Jersey City as one of the most celebrated high school players in the country, Rhodes' playing career included college stops at UK — where he was basically waived after his junior season — and Southern California.

Sidebar:

This is the first time I have ever seen this publicly admitted......speaking about Rhodes as a Wildcat......

After he left Jersey City as one of the most celebrated high school players in the country, Rhodes' playing career included college stops at UK — where he was basically waived after his junior season — and Southern California.

He wasn't waived. He was given his outright release. :lol2: