Everything posted by Rainman11
-
Scott County 85 Lexington Christian 65
Three of the worst officials in the region assigned to the same game. Knew I was in for a long night when I saw them walk out.
-
Highlands/Scott County Updates
X The only reason Highlanda wants to see lighting is so they can get on the bus and go back to Ft. Thomas. I seriously doubt they would be interested in starting over and taking another beating. I am shocked at the score but knew nothing other than Hoghlands tradition. But it looks like a varsity vs a JV team on every play. Not even competitive.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Was at North Laurel last year and Montgomery County before that.
-
Justin Miller commits to Kentucky Wesleyan
Looks like Happy is taking all the instate talent! Bosley (Central), Johnson (Wofo), Manning (Scott) and Miller. Hope they can make a run this year with the conference getting an automatic bid now to the D2 tournament!
-
Kyle Gullett Commits to Transy
Hines Jones of Scott County going to Transy as well.
-
Peyton Woods
Exactly right on not being a D1 recruiter. When I said Centre or Transy, I was basing it off 3 times I saw him. One of those times, he only took 1 shot from the field against Scott County and really didn't look for his shot that night. That wasn't a performance of a kid I thought could play D1. Not upset I was wrong. Good luck to the kid.
-
Peyton Woods
Not going to debate his prospects as I only saw him play 2-3 times this year, but from what I saw, I think he can have a great D3 career and there is nothing wrong with that. For the kids sake, I hope he goes wherever he wants -- no matter the level.
-
Peyton Woods
Centre or Transy would be a great fit.
-
Hagen Tyler Decommits from NKU
I love MidSouth basketball, but none of those teams are beating a top OVC team any year. And, I agree, there have been some good teams in NAIA, but D1 is a different level. Are there players who would do a great job for the best OVC team, no doubt. But, on a consistent basis, night in and night out, MidSouth teams don't compare at spots 4-8 where a 16-game conference schedule is decided.
-
Hagen Tyler Decommits from NKU
Tyler played a heck of a game against Ballard, particularly shooting the ball. It was the best I have seen him play. But, having said that, D1 is a whole different ball game at the highest level. I agree with some other comments about the Mid-South being strong, but most of those kids are at that level because they couldn't make it at the higher level (I know, some are for character reasons). Can Tyler play at D-1 level -- that is not for me to judge. The thing about anything in life, you only have to have 1 coach like you to get a scholarship. The way I look at it, no matter the level, if mom and dad don't have to pay for the education, that's all that matters. Because players like Tyler are most likely (of course, you can never say never) not playing basketball at a competitive level in five years anyway. On a side note, I have heard a lot this year about Tyler being sick during games. I hope this isn't an epidemic and we can see the real Hagen Tyler healthy all the time.
-
13U & 14U D2 State
No matter what rule you come up with, it will affect some. But, in my opinion, when they changed the rule, they should have made it starting 2015 with the lowest age group and grandfathered everything else based on the old rules. Too many relationships already established on teams and not right to force changes to be made.
-
Bowling Green 68 Boyle County 58 (Sweet 16 Semi-Finals)
Sometimes the other team is simply - I applaud you for this thought. Too many Boyke County fans blamed every loss they had on something other than that. It was either they were tired or someone was sick. It is great to finally see the perspective that Boyle actually can be beaten for other reasons. They had one of those seasons that don't come around often and the fans should recognize that and just be happy. Sadly this board was full of Boyle County fans that didn't get that. While they had a nice team this year, I doubt it was the start of a 12th Region dynasty. But congratulations on a great 2014-15 season!
-
Ballard/Boyle County (KHSAA Sweet 16 Quarterfinals) Predictions
This is a no doubt Hagen Tyler 30 point night. He will prove tonight it should have been him, not Jalen Perry, in the discussion for Mr. Basketball along with Justice. Great player lead their teams to victories in games like this and Tyler is a great player. Get some popcorn and enjoy the show!
-
Boyle County 60 Lexington Catholic 59 (Sweet 16 First Round)
Told you so. Hagen Tyler can't be stopped. With the change at Northern KY will Tyler re-open his process and might this be just like Hawkins and Coach Cal take notice? I don't expect the train to be stopped tomorrow by Ballard.
-
Lexington Catholic vs. Boyle County (KHSAA Sweet 16) Predictons
Let's throw the first meeting out the door. No way you can expect a team to have to play 3 straight nights then have to play Catholic. It just wasn't fair for Boyle County. Plus, Hagen Tyler was sick and that is worth the 18 points Boyle County lost by without a doublt. This go around with a healthy Tyler, Boyle County should win this by 6-8 points. Look for Tyler to go for 30+. He wil be the best player on the floor and Catholic will have no answer.
-
Hagen Tyler
Tyler is definitely the best player to come through Boyle. Has to be in the conversation ever for best player in 12th Region history. And, after making those 2 free throws to win against Lincoln County, probably need to look at him as the one of the most clutch players ever in the state. I could go on and on about how great this kid is.
-
Did NCC have a successful season?
Couldn't agree more. I would say Trinity thinks the didn't have a successful season and NCC sure shouldn't. Regular season is much easier to play then the post season and unfortunately for them NCC (and Trinity) proven the last 2 years they aren't a good post season. I also say UK will say they had a disappointing overall season if they don't win it all. These statements may not seem fair, but success should be judged by the post season for the top programs.
-
Lincoln County 71 Boyle County 51 (45th District Championship)
We will have to agree to disagree because in my opinion any coach worth his weight understands the only book that matters is the official one. It's like when fans go crazy when the scoreboard is wrong for a couple of seconds, they don't seem to realize scoreboard is not official only the official book is. I just don't think Boyle has anyone to blame than themselves. What is in the Lincoln book doesn't matter. If the Garrard official scorekeeper used the Lincoln book from last game then shame on him if he didn't have Boyle double check. But Boyle should always have a plan to double check no matter what.
-
Lincoln County 71 Boyle County 51 (45th District Championship)
Without a doubt. Each team always has the responsibility to check their own book. I would be shocked if Coach Adams doesn't agree with that. I don't know of any coach who doesn't have someone in charge of doubling checking before the 10 minute mark, whether that is a coach or their scorekeeper.
-
Lincoln County 71 Boyle County 51 (45th District Championship)
Guys, a book issue is 1 million percent each teams fault.mit is their responsibility to get their players in correctly by the 10 minute mark. The officials may count number of players not actual number of jerseys. To blame anyone else but whose responsibility that is for Boyle is ludicrous.
-
Lincoln County 71 Boyle County 51 (45th District Championship)
Was Boyle County, particularly Hagen Tyler, dealing with sickness issues?
-
Inside The 11th Region (1/11/15)
Scott County beat Oldham County and lost to Henry Clay.
-
Points of Emphasis
Isn't it mandatory for all KHSAA Member Schools to follow NFHS Rules?
-
Exciting Announcement
Congratulations
-
David Kapinga Leaves Southwestern HS
I was told a year or so ago he lived alone in Somerset.