13U & 14U D2 State

Typically KBA has the schedule up by Wednesday. But, it doesnt look like numbers are very good. There is not a tournament listed in either ago group. I heard that they had just 3 13U teams. They do have 7 8th grade teams playing in the 2015 KBA Classic. But nothing listed as a 14U or 13U event.

Sounds like everyone is staying away from AAU sanction events because of the new age rule

Speaks volumes to the level of shadiness. LOL

It also shows that all of those stud teams needed those Age exceptions to be any good.

Not sure what the deal is this year. I know there were several local teams playing at our level last year with exemptions that should have been playing D1. I don't see the logic in trophy chasing but that's just me. Should be about the kids...not the coach. Playing down never helps.

Speaks volumes to the level of shadiness. LOL

It also shows that all of those stud teams needed those Age exceptions to be any good.

Agreed. I am not sure what all the uproar is about. No matter what date you use, there will always be kids that have birthdates either right before, or right after the cut date.

But the problem is kids with July and August birthdays never play a game their age group.

I have two 13 year olds that don't turn 14 until August and will not play a single game at 14 but are required to play against 14 year olds. If the date were to be moved to March 31 the problem would be resolved.

The biggest part is moving the 2 year hold backs out. We've played in two tournaments in Ohio this spring and the competition level has been very close. One event had two pools of 3 teams and every team was 1-1 in pool play.

No matter what rule you come up with, it will affect some. But, in my opinion, when they changed the rule, they should have made it starting 2015 with the lowest age group and grandfathered everything else based on the old rules. Too many relationships already established on teams and not right to force changes to be made.