Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did NCC have a successful season?

Featured Replies

It's the age old question - does an earlier than expected playoff exit overshadow a successful season? Expectations were high for this team - were they too high? They were talented and highly ranked and by any measure had a successful regular season. Yes, many schools would have killed to have their season, but then again, once you've tasted success, the expectations and goals are much higher.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their expectations were justified.

Yes, did it end the way they wanted it to? No.

 

But by all accounts this was a successful season. Plenty of really good and even great teams don't get out of their regional every year.

They cut down the nets at 2 separate locations for 2 separate tournaments. I will say that is very much a successful season, although disappointing, it has to be regarded as successful in my opinion.

I'll dissent and say no.

Yes. Those are some high quality kids. I was extremely impressed with Drew McDonald after that loss and if a kid can end his high school career and show the character he displayed after the game then not only was their season successful but the entire NCC program is successful and his parents have much to be proud about.

Of course they did.

Yes. Those are some high quality kids. I was extremely impressed with Ben McDonald after that loss and if a kid can end his high school career and show the character he displayed after the game then not only was their season successful but the entire NCC program is successful and his parents have much to be proud about.

I'll argue that those are two different things. Can't lose the first playoff game after being ranked where they were, and being in the discussion for not only region title, but state contender and lose the first round. Were the kids successful? Sure. Great kids? Sure. But as a program you can't remotely consider this ending a success. Or at least if I was that coaching staff I wouldn't. I'm sure I'm gonna be raked for that opinion, but that's my honest take.

Yes. Those are some high quality kids. I was extremely impressed with Ben McDonald after that loss and if a kid can end his high school career and show the character he displayed after the game then not only was their season successful but the entire NCC program is successful and his parents have much to be proud about.

 

Is it Ben McDonald or Drew Weyer that you speak of? :lol2:

Is it Ben McDonald or Drew Weyer that you speak of? :lol2:

 

Daggone it.....thank God for the edit feature. I feel stupid. I know his name too. It's like that time I said Knott Central County on TV. :no:

Once you're in the spotlight, PP92, people will critique every word you say! :lol2:

I'll argue that those are two different things. Can't lose the first playoff game after being ranked where they were, and being in the discussion for not only region title, but state contender and lose the first round. Were the kids successful? Sure. Great kids? Sure. But as a program you can't remotely consider this ending a success. Or at least if I was that coaching staff I wouldn't. I'm sure I'm gonna be raked for that opinion, but that's my honest take.

 

They could be different things so in that same vein I'll say that had they lost in the district tournament then it would be easier to say that the season wasn't successful. 16 teams from the state make the Sweet 16. One from each region. It is a super hard journey to make it to Rupp. Losing to Holmes in the region tournament can't or shouldn't make this season a disappointment. This region tournament is another region tournament where 4-5 teams could win it and NCC lost to one of those teams. Not a bad season at all.

Once you're in the spotlight, PP92, people will critique every word you say! :lol2:

 

Tell me about it. You should hear and see what my mom tells me every week.....

It depends on how you define success. UK is 31-0. If they lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament will they be considered successful?? NO!!!

 

I would say NCC had a successful regular season.

 

I define success (and so would most coaches I assume) by how a team does in the post season. At the end of the day that is what all of these coaches and kids are playing for. You play the regular season to get to the post season.

 

Nothing against NCC - love the team and the kids. But it is what it is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.