August 15, 201313 yr No. I will never get over how Rodrick Rhodes was treated. Ever. It is a good article. My allegiance to Rodrick will not allow to me to say anything negative about him. I hope he keeps his nose clean and continues to make a difference in Cordia/Knott County. It looks like he is. Good luck to them.
August 15, 201313 yr He wasn't waived. He was given his outright release. :lol2: :lol: Good point. While they were paid like pros back then I guess technically he was released from his scholarship and not waived.
August 15, 201313 yr I didn't like how Rhodes was treated, but according to Dave Baker, he violated a team rule that he knew would lead to his removal from the team.
August 15, 201313 yr I didn't like how Rhodes was treated, but according to Dave Baker, he violated a team rule that he knew would lead to his removal from the team. I still don't believe that. Everybody was violating team and NCAA rules at that time.
August 15, 201313 yr I still don't believe that. Everybody was violating team and NCAA rules at that time. I think the story is true, but I agree that everyone was breaking rules. Rhodes was moved to make room for Ron Mercer.
August 15, 201313 yr I think the story is true, but I agree that everyone was breaking rules. Rhodes was moved to make room for Ron Mercer. They could have moved anyone. Scott Padgett was a freshman at the time. They could have made him walk on or something. They(Rick) didn't have to kick off the most talented player on the team for no good reason.
August 15, 201313 yr Or let kids transfer once regardless of situation or location. Then if they decide to transfer again, it should be highly scrutinized. That's my opinion. However, I'll say again, and again, we are headed towards club basketball in our state. It's on it's way, write it down. I'm ok with that but something has to be done. Club basketball is not on its way it is here already.
August 15, 201313 yr They could have moved anyone. Scott Padgett was a freshman at the time. They could have made him walk on or something. They(Rick) didn't have to kick off the most talented player on the team for no good reason. Rhodes was moved because he played the same position as Mercer. Mercer stays home if Rhodes is on the roster IMO. I don't think Rod was the most talented player either. That crown was worn by Mr. Credit Rating himself, Antoine Walker.
August 15, 201313 yr I'm told the kid on the back left is a legit 7' 8th grader. Have all their kids been ruled eligible?
August 15, 201313 yr Have all their kids been ruled eligible? I have no idea. But I heard their parents all relocated so they likely will be.
August 15, 201313 yr No offense to my friends in Hindman, but it isn't Lexington. I don't mind an occassional visit to Pippa Passes. Heck, most of Knott county (or any other co. east of the wall) is in Lex every weekend. Ever tried to get a table at Olive Garden at Fayette Mall on Saturday? Yikes.
August 15, 201313 yr So is there any truth to the talk that the exodus of Grundy and Cunningham is because of clashing with the head coach?
August 15, 201313 yr Rhodes was moved because he played the same position as Mercer. Mercer stays home if Rhodes is on the roster IMO. I don't think Rod was the most talented player either. That crown was worn by Mr. Credit Rating himself, Antoine Walker. Mr. Credit Rating himself...:lol: Rhodes was the second most talented player on the team. I stand corrected. :lol: Caution: Music by Old Dirty Bastard(Rest in peace...)
August 15, 201313 yr No. I will never get over how Rodrick Rhodes was treated. Ever. It is a good article. My allegiance to Rodrick will not allow to me to say anything negative about him. I hope he keeps his nose clean and continues to make a difference in Cordia/Knott County. It looks like he is. Good luck to them. Asking because I don't know. Is he a personal friend or just someone you really liked as a UK player?
August 15, 201313 yr Asking because I don't know. Is he a personal friend or just someone you really liked as a UK player? I really liked him as a player. I actually rooted for UK when he was there. Also, the greatest pickup game I ever played in involved Rodrick Rhodes and other members of the UK basketball team in the summer of 1994. I stole the ball from Wayne Turner(I believe he was on a visit at the time) and passed it to Rodrick for a fast break windmill slam. I finished the game with 1 steal and 1 assist. Greatest game ever. I was a huge Rodrick fan before and became a bigger fan after that game. I'm loyal to a fault. I wrote off and on for the Kentucky Kernel at the time and right before he transferred I wrote a column saying he should transfer and that UK should get rid of Scott Padgett if they want to make room for Ron Mercer. I always wondered if he read that column. Being on campus at the time we all knew what was going on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.