Early Reports Indicate That Pitino is Snubbed for HOF

02Ram54

Is that worse than what Pitino did in the Italian lasagna for :15

The moral of this apocryphal tale isn't that Rhodes had sex... it's that Rhodes violated team rules and curfew during the stretch run and put the team's goals at risk.

and then pay for an abortion

Pitino paid her, but if you think that a middle aged woman is likely to get knocked up by an early senior citizen man on a 15-second one night stand, you're as gullible as they come. For the record, abortions cost $650 in the city of Louisville. That is the only price charged at the only place that does them. $3000 is a heck of a mark up.

and worse of all it was with his equip managers wife.

Actually, they didn't even date until after. You can think it was gross that Pitino set them up, but he certainly wasn't hanging horns on the equipment manager, unless he has a time machine. I don't think Pitino has a time machine, or he wouldn't have needed Willard to tell him to keep Russ Smith.

Scum of earth if you ask me. Plus dumb enough to pay extortion money.

He sure did. He started with three grand. And she did keep quiet for a while. But eventually she wanted more and eventually he wised up. He's suffered the embarrassment but come through the other side. Pitino's current success should show anyone in a similar case that it's better to rip the band-aid off immediately than to pay the money. You're only delaying the inevitable, and you're delaying getting on with your life.

Plus, If he'd never paid the money in the first place, the "abortion" horse pockey wouldn't be following him around to this day. Because I'm sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that there never was one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that worse than what Pitino did in the Italian lasagna for :15 and then pay for an abortion and worse of all it was with his equip managers wife. Scum of earth if you ask me. Plus dumb enough to pay extortion money.

Ahhhh....yes...the outraged one....over a series of misstated "facts".

[h=1]Keady, Massimino headline 2013 College Basketball Hall of Fame class[/h]

The Associated Press

Last Updated - April 1, 2013 8:47 GMT

Contact | Archive | RSS

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Longtime coaches Gene Keady and Rollie Massimino, and former U.S. congressman Tom McMillen, headline the 2013 class that will be inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame.

Keady began his career at Western Kentucky before going 512-270 during 25 years at Purdue, while Massimino spent 30 years coaching Stony Brook, Villanova, UNLV and Cleveland State.

McMillen starred for Maryland in the 1970s before serving in Congress from 1987-93.

Joining them in the Hall of Fame will be George Ravling of Nike, Bob Hopkins of Grambling, George Killian of FIBA and the 1963 team from Loyola University of Chicago, which broke through racial boundaries and eventually defeated Cincinnati in the national championship game.

The class will be inducted during a ceremony Nov. 23 in Kansas City, Mo., as part of a three-day celebration that also includes the CBE Classic at the nearby Sprint Center.

I'm confused. Is this thread related to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame or the College Basketball Hall of Fame?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. One of things I look at when I consider a coach for the Hall of Fame is "Did he or she have some hand in an innovation or do something to transform the game?" The answer for Coach Pitino is Absolutely Yes. Maybe it was a coincidence that his first final four team was Providence in 1987, which was the first year the 3-point shot was used exclusively in College Basketball, before that it was experimental. He used the 3-point shot to his team's advantage. A lot of threes for the Friars that year, if I recall correctly, came off of his full court press and mostly in transition.

It sounds trivial now, but in his point of view, if your team makes 33% of its three-point tries, it's the same as making 50% of your twos, points-wise. Providence doesn't make the final four without the 3-point shot that year. While some coaches didn't adjust right away or didn't adjust at all, Pitino embraced the new rule and won. Forget about all of his other accomplishments. Hall of Fame hands down because of 1987, period.

I'm confused. Is this thread related to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame or the College Basketball Hall of Fame?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. One of things I look at when I consider a coach for the Hall of Fame is "Did he or she have some hand in an innovation or do something to transform the game?" The answer for Coach Pitino is Absolutely Yes. Maybe it was a coincidence that his first final four team was Providence in 1987, which was the first year the 3-point shot was used exclusively in College Basketball, before that it was experimental. He used the 3-point shot to his team's advantage. A lot of threes for the Friars that year, if I recall correctly, came off of his full court press and mostly in transition.

It sounds trivial now, but in his point of view, if your team makes 33% of its three-point tries, it's the same as making 50% of your twos, points-wise. Providence doesn't make the final four without the 3-point shot that year. While some coaches didn't adjust right away or didn't adjust at all, Pitino embraced the new rule and won. Forget about all of his other accomplishments. Hall of Fame hands down because of 1987, period.

Yeah I may have screwed up that one :lol2: The one I linked was just released as well.

Seven Newest Hall of Fame Coaches, Players and Contributors and One

Ground-breaking Team to be Inducted into the National Collegiate

Basketball Hall of Fame November 24 in Kansas City

The 2013 Founding Class representatives to be announced following the

basketball season

KANSAS CITY (April 2, 2013) – Former United States Congressman Tom McMillen, 1977 national consensus

player of the year Marques Johnson of UCLA and coaching legends Gene Keady and Rollie Massimino

headline the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame induction class of 2013. Joining them for enshrinement

will be Bob Hopkins of Grambling and contributors George Raveling of Nike and George Killian of FIBA. In

addition, the barrier-breaking 1963 Loyola University (Chicago) team will become the first team inducted.

http://static.psbin.com/a/w/7kntvsniroewlt/2013_CBHOF_Inductees_Announced_FINAL.pdf

Thread cracking me up. Half of the posts in this thread would be bashing Slick Rick instead of defending if he were still at UK. He did put a team on probation and was named in the sanctions, not good. But what really erks me about this guy is firing Winston Bennett for infidelity. What a total liar and hypocrite he is. I wouldn't vote for him either. Scum bag.

Thread cracking me up. Half of the posts in this thread would be bashing Slick Rick instead of defending if he were still at UK. He did put a team on probation and was named in the sanctions, not good. But what really erks me about this guy is firing Winston Bennett for infidelity. What a total liar and hypocrite he is. I wouldn't vote for him either. Scum bag.

If I remember correctly Bennett was having sex with a student, and wasn't the 1st time. I'm sure he had no choice on that one. And if he was still at UK you would no doubt be defending him. That really cracks me up.

If I remember correctly Bennett was having sex with a student, and wasn't the 1st time. I'm sure he had no choice on that one. And if he was still at UK you would no doubt be defending him. That really cracks me up.

Ugh.........you would be wrong on that one. Can't defend ignorance and stupidity. Sorry. Don't care who they are.