Early Reports Indicate That Pitino is Snubbed for HOF

02Ram54

:lol2:

I can think rationally about these things most of the time. I'd say all of the time, but I remember Getslow and....never mind.

Anyway, he took Providence to the Final Four. Providence. Providence!

What is this now, his seventh Final Four? And three different programs?

Agreed. He's definitely deserving.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is a jerk, that would disqualify him for the Nice Guy HOF, not a basketball HOF. Petty, if true.

If there were a strict litmus test then you would be correct, but this is voted on by humans with a lot of bias. Snubs often occur in HOF voting because of it. Generally the snubs occur when the person is a villain to the media or viewed to egregiously cheated the sport. I have never seen that with Rick.

It diminishes the legitimacy of the HOF not to include Pitino. Not trying to be dramatic, but it's true.

The basketball HOF is incredibly weird. There will be inductees most have never heard of or will at least make you say, "Really, he is up for considreation?". Heck, I think I was once a finalist.

It diminishes the legitimacy of the HOF not to include Pitino. Not trying to be dramatic, but it's true.

Agreed. I absolutely cannot stand Rick Pitino but he is easily a HOF coach in my opinion. There truly aren't many coaches I would choose as a leader of my team before Pitino. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go vomit and then peel my face off like that dude did in Poltergeist.

The basketball HOF is incredibly weird. There will be inductees most have never heard of or will at least make you say, "Really, he is up for considreation?". Heck, I think I was once a finalist.

I got in the same year as MJ. I helped write his speech and he took all the credit for it.:no:

Looking at the list of coaches, there are several who got in with similar or even not as impressive resumes at the time they were voted in.

Shoot, some still don't have the resume Pitino does several years after they were inducted.

Have you heard the alleged story behind that?

Possibly. Refresh my memory. I know Rhodes didn't want to leave and I know a scholarship was needed for Ron Mercer and I know the day that he transferred he was crying. I'll never forget it. I was at UK at the time and while my memory is hazy as to all of the details I'm sure a story or two my spark my memory. (no puns intended but those words just work...hazy...spark....just saying)

And then they win it all in 1996 without him. Just sad......