Andy Dalton

SSC

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Brees like in that half. Or was that more like Montana?

Second year what was brees doing in the regular season in his second year even with a hall of famer at runningback? That's right not winning games and playing bad enough to where San Diego wanted to replace him. You can't seem to understand that i use him as comparison to show way to quick to determine how some one is after two years and drews skills when it comes to arm strength is similar. Thus the comparison

I will say this Dalton needs to show that improvement next year or else i agree that he will probably never be better than average.

Exactly. He under threw a TD badly and over threw one badly. It's bc his arm isn't big enough to make those throws easily.

It's becaus he just is not accurate with his throws yet. Just like the guy i jddp mentioning was not hitting his passes early in his career. However he eventuallw figured out to make his arm complete those passes. It took to his third year. Next year is a huge year for dalton. He does need to start showing improvemen that area. If then the Bengals need to start looking at other options. I would not mind if draft one this year. Should be a few decent options still available in the 3rd round.

It's becaus he just is not accurate with his throws yet. Just like the guy i jddp mentioning was not hitting his passes early in his career. However he eventuallw figured out to make his arm complete those passes. It took to his third year. Next year is a huge year for dalton. He does need to start showing improvemen that area. If then the Bengals need to start looking at other options. I would not mind if draft one this year. Should be a few decent options still available in the 3rd round.

He could either not be that good which is my guess or he could turn into Drew Bree's which is your guess. I love my chances

He could either not be that good which is my guess or he could turn into Drew Bree's which is your guess. I love my chances

Nice try i never even said he will be as good as drew. Just saying how if someone who is very similar in ability who sucked his first two season's and then ends up being elite. Then it's possible Dalton can end up being a top 10 quarterback one day with more consistency. I have even admitted next year is a huge year in determining how Daltons career will end up. Nice try though

Nice try i never even said he will be as good as drew. Just saying how if someone who is very similar in ability who sucked his first two season's and then ends up being elite. Then it's possible Dalton can end up being a top 10 quarterback one day with more consistency. I have even admitted next year is a huge year in determining how Daltons career will end up. Nice try though

I kept saying Brees and Montana were dumb comparisons an you kept coming back to Brees. That's on you. Brees may have struggled but he's really good. Dalton probably isn't going to ever be really good. It's a dumb comparison. Always has been. There's less than a 1% chance he's ever that good yet you kept coming back

Bottom line for me is the jury is still out on Dalton, but his first two years have been very good. SSC hates the Drew Brees comparisons but Brees had a 67.5 QB rating in his second full season. Does that mean Dalton is the next Brees? No. Dalton had a better rookie season than Andrew Luck and he is the second coming. Does that mean I would rather have Dalton than Luck? No. But Dalton is off to a very good start in his career and has a lot of potential. It would be ludicrous to bail out on him. The Bengals have much bigger issues on offense. They need to roll with Dalton, hope he keeps improving and fix the other problems. My question to SSC and others is...what would you do if you were the Bengals? Are you saying spend a first round pick on another QB? What would you do?

What I think the Bengals have to do is assume you have an Alex Smith- type QB and not hope that he turns out to be a late bloomer like Drew Brees or Eli Manning.

In other words, build up the talent on offense around Andy Dalton so that as he matures you know that you can consistently move the ball. If he turns out to be elite, then he will have tons of weapons and the Bengals will be a perennial contender for the division, conference and Super Bowl titles.

If he stays at a similar level and makes minimal improvements, they can rely on their defense and running game to build around; with AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham they have guys that can make a play in the passing game. This is the formula San Francisco is using right now and it works.

IMO, Bengals fans are in good shape with the young talent they have as long as guys stay healthy and they figure out how to keep that defensive front 7 together monitarily.

Brees also had to deal with having one of the most conservative coaches of this era in Marty Schottenheimer his first two seasons. Schottenheimer's offense was never known for big passing stats or a real high completion percentage. Brees is one of the most accurate passers of all time...He and Dalton are not close in ability, maybe arm strength but not ability.

Bottom line for me is the jury is still out on Dalton, but his first two years have been very good. SSC hates the Drew Brees comparisons but Brees had a 67.5 QB rating in his second full season. Does that mean Dalton is the next Brees? No. Dalton had a better rookie season than Andrew Luck and he is the second coming. Does that mean I would rather have Dalton than Luck? No. But Dalton is off to a very good start in his career and has a lot of potential. It would be ludicrous to bail out on him. The Bengals have much bigger issues on offense. They need to roll with Dalton, hope he keeps improving and fix the other problems. My question to SSC and others is...what would you do if you were the Bengals? Are you saying spend a first round pick on another QB? What would you do?

My point is and has been he's not good enough for the Bengals because Marvin is terrible, the owner is terrible, the Offensive coordinator might be terrible and a few other things. The only way the Gals will be elite is if they get lucky and get an elite level QB. Dalton will never ever be elite. I like Dalton and I think he could be work in somewhere like SF just not here. I would start looking now for a QB but this draft probably has no answers.

For all the Brees wasn't that good as a rookie people are we going to just continue to act like that was the same NFL as now? Pretty sure the rules are far different. You're not allowed hitting the QB or the wide receivers. The passing numbers in the entireleague now are far better than they were in Brees' first two years.

Andy Dalton has proved once again what I've been saying on here for awhile. He is bad, plain and simple. His downfield throws are the worst I've seen in a long long time, maybe ever.

-6 yards passing in the first half of anygame let alone a playoff game is pathetic. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. I don't care if he is only in his 2nd year or his 10th year, he is just plain bad.

People will keep saying that there isn't anyone who would be available that is better than Adny but i disagree. Please give me a list of QB's in the league that would miss a wide open AJ Green for a TD at the end of the game like Dalton did yesterday. If it was just that one time I would say that's ok, it happend. But with Dalton it is game in and game out he misses that exact same throw. That particular throw is one of the easiest to make for a QB too, there is no excuse for constinately missing deep throws like that. Andy Dalton is bad period, end of discussion.