Andy Dalton

SSC

Now it has come out that he wanted to use AJ as a "Decoy" in that game and is why he wasn't targeted. If that doesn't show true ignorance then nothing does. So we want to take our best player out of the game so we can use a TE who can't catch a cold and another WR who has shown no big play possibilities. Makes perfect sense if you are part of the Bengals organization.

So the Bengals used AJ Green as a decoy and the rest of the NFL used the Cincinnati Bengals as a decoy to other fans to actually let them believe Cincinnati was an actual NFL caliber team. Both plans failed miserably

Dalton was 3-10 in the first half and only 2 passes were thrown to a wide receiver, both to Jones. The game plan looks like it was throw screens and to Gresham. If Gresham catches a couple of the drops, who knows. My biggest complaint was not lack of passes to AJ, it was not running the ball more. The Law Firm had 3 rushes for 43 yards in the first half. The offensive line obviously could not pass block so they should have run the ball more.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Apparently Arizona and Philly both think he's good enough or they wouldn't be wasting their time interviewing him this week. :lol:

I hope they get him and I hope it's fast. I think H. Jackson is as good or better than Gruden. Gruden hasn't been good, but it may be because Dalton isn't good.

The Bengals will just be stuck with Dalton for a couple of years. Other glaring deficiencies will need to be addressed. As far as Saturday's debacle, how in your right mind do you not even look at AJ Green one time in the 1st half??

I agree that they are stuck with him. I just hope that if he doesn't drastically improve in the next two years they realize they can try to get better than him and not keep him for eight more years.

Dalton was 3-10 in the first half and only 2 passes were thrown to a wide receiver, both to Jones. The game plan looks like it was throw screens and to Gresham. If Gresham catches a couple of the drops, who knows. My biggest complaint was not lack of passes to AJ, it was not running the ball more. The Law Firm had 3 rushes for 43 yards in the first half. The offensive line obviously could not pass block so they should have run the ball more.

The first two possessions were stretch runs for about 8 yards followed by a screen pass that went nowhere. Same exact sequence. He had to have forgotten where he was on his script.

That is also my biggest complaint, the lack of runs when clearly running the ball was the ONLY thing working. 3 runs for 43 yards and you stop running the ball, that is ridiculous and if it was any other team the coaches head would be served on a platter.

Now it has come out that he wanted to use AJ as a "Decoy" in that game and is why he wasn't targeted. If that doesn't show true ignorance then nothing does. So we want to take our best player out of the game so we can use a TE who can't catch a cold and another WR who has shown no big play possibilities. Makes perfect sense if you are part of the Bengals organization.

So the Bengals used AJ Green as a decoy and the rest of the NFL used the Cincinnati Bengals as a decoy to other fans to actually let them believe Cincinnati was an actual NFL caliber team. Both plans failed miserably

I don't get the game plan at all. I could understand if ok he has a plan to get the te involved in the first series but you don't go a whole half or even a quarter without at least trying to have plays for him

I don't get the game plan at all. I could understand if ok he has a plan to get the te involved in the first series but you don't go a whole half or even a quarter without at least trying to have plays for him

They knew they couldn't protect Dalton from the rush, and they were right. On one play I say Boling completely whiff on JJ Watt. I don't think I have ever seen a pro lineman completely whiff on a block. Their answer was quick passes and screens. They should have come out run first and tried to put them on their heels.

Anyone who would take Dalton over Flacco needs to rethink their position

Thats the thing about Flacco he can go out there and look amazing, and then go look like the worst QB in football for 3 straight weeks. As I was watching the game with my dad, I mentioned how Flacco looks great when his long passes are complete because he will throw a lot of them up there for grab. He doesn't seem the best at reading coverage but he definitely can just throw it out there and hope his receivers go and get it. However when he has that days when the deep ball is not working he really struggles. How good he does really depends on if he is completing the deep ball in games.

With that said I do agree I would take Flacco over Dalton. Even though Dalton does have games when he looks really good, Flacco has done it in some big games. Which is why Flacco definitely should get the nod over Dalton even though he can be very inconsistent too.

Flacco has outplayed the greats in the playoffs. Dalton has a regular season win over Eli in a year the Giants struggled.

This weekend is was a perfect example of why I don't think Dalton is good enough. No matter how many times people say great Defenses can do this or that it's more and more evident that unless you get extremely lucky you have to win a shootout or three to win the Super Bowl. All 4 losing teams this week scored at least 28 points. That's why Harbaugh went away from Alex Smith even though they should have gone to the Super Bowl last year and they have a great Defense. He knew you have to be able to score in bunches to win big. Maybe Dalton will greatly improve and maybe he had a sophomore slump, but my guess is he just isn't good enough to win they way it's necessary to win now.

Flacco has outplayed the greats in the playoffs. Dalton has a regular season win over Eli in a year the Giants struggled.

This weekend is was a perfect example of why I don't think Dalton is good enough. No matter how many times people say great Defenses can do this or that it's more and more evident that unless you get extremely lucky you have to win a shootout or three to win the Super Bowl. All 4 losing teams this week scored at least 28 points. That's why Harbaugh went away from Alex Smith even though they should have gone to the Super Bowl last year and they have a great Defense. He knew you have to be able to score in bunches to win big. Maybe Dalton will greatly improve and maybe he had a sophomore slump, but my guess is he just isn't good enough to win they way it's necessary to win now.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Exactely

Flacco may not be flashy, doesn't matter, he scores when they need scores. Flacco has now won a playoff game in every single year as a pro. Dalton has lost every playoff game of his pro career. If it wasn't for Dalton the Texans would probably have 0 playoff wins in their franchise history.

How many offensive TD's did the Bengals score just the last month of the season including the playoffs? That is horrible QB play.

Now talking about playoffs and QB's, I don't think I've ever enjoyed or seen a better post season performance by a QB than I did this past Saturday and the 49'ers QB. I thought it was even better than the Phill Simms Super Bowl game where he completed all but like 3 passes. Kapernick (*sp) was incredible, he is so much faster than I ever dreamed he could be and it wasn't just his running, he made great throws all game long after his first int of the game. He was impressive to say the least. Yes 1 game doesn't make or break a QB, but I'd like just to see Dalton have half the game he had on Saturday.