Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pete Thamel at it Again-Noel

Featured Replies

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't this the fourth or fifth UK related story this guy has written since Cal came to UK? What is his problem? He's even getting on my nerves.

There isn't a story there at all? Unless I read that wrong. I would imagine any high profile recruit has the same thing happen to them ever year. Get a life Thamel.

There isn't a story there at all? Unless I read that wrong. I would imagine any high profile recruit has the same thing happen to them ever year. Get a life Thamel.

 

If the NCAA is sending people out to complete interviews, they know something and are trying to get to the bottom of it. I am not saying Noel has done anything wrong but they must have received a tip or become aware of something for them to send a team out to complete interviews.

If the NCAA is sending people out to complete interviews, they know something and are trying to get to the bottom of it. I am not saying Noel has done anything wrong but they must have received a tip or become aware of something for them to send a team out to complete interviews.

 

True. But like I said, I'd imagine that this happens to every high profile recruit every year.

 

GT might know more about the topic, but if it only takes a small tip, it couldn't be to hard to conjure something up about any of these kids and perk the ears of the NCAA.

I read the article. Pretty uneventful as far as these "trying to dig up shady information on recruits" goes.

Thamel was already trying to dig this up when Noel committed.

 

Noel has also had issues surrounding his recruitment, including Tilton’s barring one of his key advisers, the former Providence assistant Chris Driscoll, from campus. Driscoll accompanied Noel in North Carolina for his decision.

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/sports/ncaabasketball/nerlens-noel-commits-to-kentucky.html?ref=petethamel

 

To be fair, he also wrote about Shabazz's potential NCAA trouble in that article.

 

But Thamel obviously has a complex about UK/Cal. This is a complete non story at this point, and for Thamel to write such a long story is pretty comical.

 

If I was Nerlens, I'd be a little miffed about this part:

[Tilton headmaster, Jim Clements] added that Tilton teachers had Noel’s “feet to the fire” as he had to make up work and class time missed so he could take college visits and attend all-star games. Clements said he expected Noel to finish his work and graduate at the end of next week.

 

Clements said he was unsure whether Noel would qualify academically for a scholarship. An athlete must reach a specified number on a scale that balances a standardized test score and a grade-point average. Noel is expected to take course work after graduation to help him qualify.

 

A school official shouldn't be discussing his academic situation like that IMO.

Bledsoe, Kanter, Davis and Noel.

Thamel's obvious agenda aside, the NCAA is looking into this. I wonder how much Noel's reclassification has to do with this.

Thamel's obvious agenda aside, the NCAA is looking into this. I wonder how much Noel's reclassification has to do with this.

 

I seem to remember he had to take an English course this summer to get all core courses and grades to where he would be eligible. This was due to his re-classification is how I recall the story a few months ago. So what is new about Noel? Nothing it seems.

Matt Jones ‏ @KySportsRadio

 

Two sources told me last week @PeteThamelNYT was investigating Anthony Bennett. Interesting to see if story comes now that he wont be at UK

Bledsoe, Kanter, Davis and Noel.

 

Swing and miss 0-4 maybe? Golden Sombrero.

  • Author

Gregg Doyel tweet...................

 

The NCAA is now working with select reporters to attack certain programs. New territory for NCAA. Disturbing.

^ Had to see that coming eventually. Calipari did the one thing the NCAA couldn't handle... his model produced a national champion. The NCAA is totally fine with taking advantage of teenagers and making huge amounts of money off them but they hate when people draw attention to it. Now, Calipari's fairly open about UK being basically a farm system that can lead to increased exposure and preparation en route to an NBA contract. The university presidents who run the NCAA don't like that openness one bit.

 

I have no problem with what Calipari's doing. There are a lot of people who don't care for it one bit.

Edited by Getslow

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.