Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pete Thamel at it Again-Noel

Featured Replies

If we believe the recruits to be qualified and we believe that UK is clean and we WANT them to be clean then we should rejoice every time Thamel et al call our cleanliness into the public eye. The more he asks and the more the answer is "they're clean" the better it is for UK.

 

That's not reality. Reality is Thamel keeps writing articles about UK recruits being under investigation, and never writes the "they're clean" followup when whatever "investigation" is concluded. So all the general public sees is an unending string of stories about Kentucky recruits under NCAA investigation.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not reality. Reality is Thamel keeps writing articles about UK recruits being under investigation, and never writes the "they're clean" followup when whatever "investigation" is concluded. So all the general public sees is an unending string of stories about Kentucky recruits under NCAA investigation.

 

Wouldn't reality be that Kanter lost a season, Bledsoe was let off because records were destroyed (yeah a flood, of course) and Davis was clean? All three did get investigated by the NCAA, correct???

Clyde I agree completely with what you are saying. However, I have to ask where is Thamel on the North Carolina academic issue that is currently going on? Why isn't he crawling up Dean Smith's butt with a microscope? Maybe he is but if so I haven't seen it.

 

I don't think everyone is out to get UK but Thamel has an agenda.

 

As to UNC that story is already out. Thamel likes to bring new stories out. What's in it for him to do anything with Carolina?

That's not reality. Reality is Thamel keeps writing articles about UK recruits being under investigation, and never writes the "they're clean" followup when whatever "investigation" is concluded. So all the general public sees is an unending string of stories about Kentucky recruits under NCAA investigation.

 

So you're saying the general public isn't smart enough to deduce that the player in Thamel's story was cleared by the fact that he actually is playing?

 

Did the Bledsoe story hurt the recruiting?

Did the Bledsoe story hurt the recruiting?

 

Hell no. They got a kid clearly in violation of clearinghouse guidelines off scott free...

Hell no. They got a kid clearly in violation of clearinghouse guidelines off scott free...

 

Rhetorical question but you certainly answered it. Thamel and his "agenda" have had zero impact on UK.

Wouldn't reality be that Kanter lost a season, Bledsoe was let off because records were destroyed (yeah a flood, of course) and Davis was clean? All three did get investigated by the NCAA, correct???

 

None of that is what I was arguing. Clyde said it was GOOD for UK that Thamel keeps writing stories like this. I disagree. I don't think anybody thinks more highly of UK because they read about a potential violation that later turned out to be nothing.

Rhetorical question but you certainly answered it. Thamel and his "agenda" have had zero impact on UK.
Agreed. I did have issues with Bledsoe's transcipt being leaked, but that's about it.
So you're saying the general public isn't smart enough to deduce that the player in Thamel's story was cleared by the fact that he actually is playing?

 

Did the Bledsoe story hurt the recruiting?

 

I think the general public doesn't care enough to think about it. The majority of people won't even remember the names of the recruits in question to notice that they end up playing the following year. All they know is that every year there are a series of articles in the New York Times (such a bastion of journalistic integrity!) questioning the integrity of Kentucky recruits.

mobarr, dont' sweet it my man. UL, IU, UC, and etc. fans can keep these articles by Thamel and use them for whatever they like (toilet paper for example). You can keep the front page that says 2012 National Champs on it!

The way I look at it is this. Thamel has a "thing" for UK, that is evident. But it may not be a grudge as much as he knows "exposing" UK would be on the short list of programs to expose and bring further exposure to himself as a writer. Not something I totally fault him for. But either way, if you are a top program there will be people looking to "break" a story about you. Just part of it.

 

As a UK fan, I plan on worrying about celebrating a national championship, looking forward to next season, and let the compliance people at UK worry about issues like this. Until I see something more substantial I'll continue to spend my "UK time" enjoying #8!

As to UNC that story is already out. Thamel likes to bring new stories out. What's in it for him to do anything with Carolina?

 

So do you really believe that it were UK not UNC that Thamel wouldn't be in the middle of it with both feet? Once again, I don't disagree with anything else but Thamel has a clear agenda against Calipari.

What grinds my gears is that if Noel had picked Syracuse, I highly doubt there would be any article from him at all. That is my problem with this.

What grinds my gears is that if Noel had picked Syracuse, I highly doubt there would be any article from him at all. That is my problem with this.

 

Interesting that you say that. Read the article written by a Georgetown blogger that questions Thamel's motives.

 

A "Fair and Balanced" Look from the Syracuse Perspective: Pete Thamel on the NCAA's Inquiry Into Nerlens Noel's Recruitment - Casual Hoya

So do you really believe that it were UK not UNC that Thamel wouldn't be in the middle of it with both feet? Once again, I don't disagree with anything else but Thamel has a clear agenda against Calipari.

 

 

If UNC had Calipari, yes.

 

Coach Cal is the linchpin.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.