What was your first concert?

Randy Parker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Halen 1984. 13 years old (turned 14 2 weeks later) went with my cousins who were a few years older than me. I was completely amazed, and it still is one of the best experiences of my life. I'll never forget they opened with "Unchained" and just killed it.

First concert was Arlo Guthrie at the band shell in Covington Devou Park when I was young.

My first concert without my parents, haha, was Pepsi Jammin' On Main in 1996. Also Seven Mary Three. I got tear gassed :lol2:

I was on my way into that show when all hell broke loose and my girlfriend (now wife) an I decided to turn around. I did catch their show when they came back to Riverbend on the second stage an it was fantastic.

No idea about my first concert. I went with my parents probably 30+ times to Tombstone Junction where we saw most of the biggest touring acts of the late 70's.

First rock show was Van Halen at Stokely in Knoxville, it was festival seating and OMG what a mess. BTO opened for them.

No idea about my first concert. I went with my parents probably 30+ times to Tombstone Junction where we saw most of the biggest touring acts of the late 70's.

First rock show was Van Halen at Stokely in Knoxville, it was festival seating and OMG what a mess. BTO opened for them.

That was the 5150 tour right? First one with Sammy. I caught that one too. Not in Knoxville, but in Landover, MD.