Evangelicals Not Happy With Trump Inauguration Prayer Leader

Clyde

I didn't know they ever were all that happy with him. It always seemed like something of a reluctant coalition because Mr. Trump was preferable to the alternative in the general election.

I'll sign on to the proposition that prosperity gospel is extremely problematic and wouldn't ask her to speak in my living room, much less something like this... but I've yet to have a politician call me up and ask me my opinion on such things. So I can't get all that worked up.

I didn't know they ever were all that happy with him. It always seemed like something of a reluctant coalition because Mr. Trump was preferable to the alternative in the general election.

I'll sign on to the proposition that prosperity gospel is extremely problematic and wouldn't ask her to speak in my living room, much less something like this... but I've yet to have a politician call me up and ask me my opinion on such things. So I can't get all that worked up.

Matt Bevin on line one. :lol2:

I have no idea who she is. I can only assume that my email I sent Mr. Trump last month requesting to to pray for some reason was lost in transit. Or I'm just not important or famous enough. I'll go with lost in transit.

Evangelicals were not voting for Trump as much as they were voting against Hillary. I believe most of them figured out long ago that Trump is not the most religious or spiritual person in the world. He always sounds awkward when he tries to dabble in religious dialogue. Remember when he was quoting something in Corinthians in one of his campaign stops and said "Two Corinthians" instead of Second Corinthians.

BTW, I watch probably more TBN than anyone on here. The prosperity gospel dominates the network. I am familiar with Ms White. I don't know why anyone should be surprised that the President-Elect would choose a prosperity preacher for his inaugural. There are lots of things evangelicals are gonna dislike about this man. He is (MUCH)less evangelical than I am.

I have no idea who she is. I can only assume that my email I sent Mr. Trump last month requesting to to pray for some reason was lost in transit. Or I'm just not important or famous enough. I'll go with lost in transit.

Intercepted