What are you looking forward to this season?

I'm looking forward to see how Boyle does with a new head coach and a lot of younger talent. :thumb:

I've actually got some family ties to the new coach. My dad had mentioned Haddix taking the job and didn't know much about Boyle County or their history. I told him they had a great program. Who knows, if things work out to normalcy we make make a trip from NKY to try to catch a game. Definitely excited to see what he can do.

My Top 10 storylines:

1. "As the Bluebird Turns". What will the 2020 season do for the drama at Ft. Thomas.. especially if they can't get over the CovCath hump?

2. "Redhound Rotation". After essentially a mutual parting of the ways in Corbin, will the grass be greener for the good ole boy network who didn't want to see Haddix stay? Will Haddix flourish in Boyle County?

3. "Is Freddy D Due ?" This should be the year that Frederick Douglass is the clear cut favorite to get that elusive Lexington Public School monkey off their back. Arguably the most talented roster in the State returns and the favorable 5A loophole

shields them from the Big 3. Does getting a ring take their program to the next level or does failing to get a ring create a negative tidal wave?

4. "The Beast That is The East". After a historic season for EKY football in 2019, does the trend continue? Pikeville, Paintsville, Somerset, Bell County, Belfry, and Johnson Central all made pushes to the Finals and collectively brought home 4 trophies. All six teams should be well equipped to make a push again.

5. "Flying Onto the Radar ?" There are a handful of teams outside of the usual suspects who have a loaded Senior Class filled with experience that may try to make a big move. Crittenden County, West Carter, Taylor County, Wayne County, Holmes, Franklin County, North Bullitt, and Meade County all come to mind.

6. "R-P-Sigh". After much debate and a few tweaks, will the RPI improve in 2020? It was very clear that there are noticeable flaws to the formula that resulted in some teams being over valued and other under valued. If for some reason we have to play a shortened season then those flaws may be even more amplified.

7. "The Pinnacle". It is good for KY when the best teams of the State are at their top. Trinity, Male, and X should all three be loaded. Trinity, especially looks to be capable of some National recognition.

8. "Jumpers Over the Hump". Now that Somerset has broke the seal and got the elusive title, very interested to see what they do with two elite players in Sheron and Grundy but having some big holes to fill. Mayfield loses a ton of high end talent but you know they are burning up with how that one slipped away.

9. "Small Town Superheroes." Aside from Sheron and Grundy I just mentioned, there are some absolute superstars in rural football. Isaac MacNamee at Pikeville, Phelps at Paintsville, Isaac Dixon at Belfry, Grant Bingham and Dylan Preston at Johnson Central, Azariah israel at GRC, and Braedon Sloan at Wayne County just to start the list. Could this be the year that a rural star wins Mr. Football like Scotty Russell back in the day?

10. "Districts of Death". 2A District 1, 2A District 4, 3A District 4, 4A District 1, 4A District 5, 4A District 7, 5A District 5, 5A District 8, 6A District 3... just a lot of DEEP and highly competitive Districts.

In 6A, I want to see if Manual can beat Male. It was very close game last year. Manual returns a lot and Male has some weapons. I want to see if St.X can get win over Male since have lost 3 straight. Also can anyone in 6A play Trinity close. With Louisville 6A looking strong, can someone out in the state make a run. Hopefully fun times ahead!