• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to keep it with a Kentucky flavor to it:

Best BBQ - Hickory Pit, Owensboro

Best Pork Chop - Patti's in Grand Rivers

Do you mean Old Hickory? If so than I agree. The BBQ is way better than Moonlite, unless you just have to have a buffet. And I'll second the pork chops at Patti's. Two inches thick and juicy. Their pies aren't so bad either.

Can't really think of anything in particular, as my thinker has been shut down for winter break. Call me lame, but I will never turn down a burrito bowl at Chipotle. Rice, black beans, grilled peppers and onions, half chicken half steak, mild, medium and corn salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and lettuce. Guacamole if I'm feeling like a high roller. Always with a side of chips. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it.

Can't really think of anything in particular, as my thinker has been shut down for winter break. Call me lame, but I will never turn down a burrito bowl at Chipotle. Rice, black beans, grilled peppers and onions, half chicken half steak, mild, medium and corn salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and lettuce. Guacamole if I'm feeling like a high roller. Always with a side of chips. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it.

^^Oh yeah and a few splashes of milder jalapeno Tabasco to go with.

BTW, Qdoba

The best entree I ever had was Chateaubriand at The Wine Cellar in Clearwater. That was almost 30 years ago, and my mouth still waters thinking about it.

The best hors d'oeuvere was/is the Szechuan Pork Ribs at Roys.

The best dessert was my mother's scratch German Chocolate Cake.

I had an amazing meal at a place called Christopher's in Mt. Washington (Pittsburgh). The Lobster Ravioli was prepared tableside with a succulent cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes. It was mouth watering. The best steak I ever had was at RL's in Chicago. Sensational.

I could never just narrow down to one in each category. I simply love food too much! :lol:

But, I will list a few favorites I have:

Hot Brown at The Brown Hotel. This is the original, and if you've ever had it anywhere else, then you have the original, you know the difference

Po Girl from Ramsi's in Louisville-perfectly steamed shrimp on cuban bread with a red pepper mayo

Ribs at Montgomery Inn. I won't eat ribs anywhere else.

Prime Rib at a now closed Rubino's restaurant. They also had the best clam chowder

Linguini with white clam sauce at Come Back Inn

Peel and eat shrimp at Captain Stacks in Charleston, South Carolina

Don't know the name of the dessert, but it was chocolate cake, with ganache, soaked in warm chocolate at Picasso, at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I tried to look it up online, but it's not on the regular menu. Must of been a special that night.