Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal's Letter to Recruits

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disgusting how good he is at his job.

Agree with his statement that coaches don't change much as they are creatures of habit.

 

This is true of recruiting style, type of play and difficulties with the NCAA.

Forget the other candidates I'm writing in Cal for governor!

It's disgusting how good he is at his job.

 

:lol::thumb:

 

One thing I do wonder about is the part where he speaks of "shoe contracts." Can he do that?

  • Author
:lol::thumb:

 

One thing I do wonder about is the part where he speaks of "shoe contracts." Can he do that?

 

It's a blog. Why can't he speak of shoe contracts?

:lol::thumb:

 

One thing I do wonder about is the part where he speaks of "shoe contracts." Can he do that?

That was my first though as well though you would think his remarks would be reviewed before submittal.
It's disgusting how good he is at his job.

 

Completely agree. UK has a VP of Marketing for a Fortune 100 company working as their head basketball coach. I respect and look up to him on many levels.

As Telep pointed out, does anyone think Coach Cal really does know something that most don't about the NBA lockout and keeping kids in school? It does seems a bit odd that he doesn't have any commitments or anyone really a shoe in to come to UK.

 

Here's what he had to say:

 

If he's to make it four straight No. 1's (classes), he'd better hurry because the clock is ticking. It's almost like Calipari knows something about the NBA lockout no one else does, like a rule change keeping kids in college longer or something along those lines.

 

Or is it that there isn't anyone budging right now? Who knows...

It's a blog. Why can't he speak of shoe contracts?

 

Because it implies "you come to UK, you'll get paid...eventually." I'm not saying I disagree with it, nor do I think he's breaking any rules. But the NCAA comes down on UK due to celebrating 500 victories, when several other programs have done the same.

Because it implies "you come to UK, you'll get paid...eventually." I'm not saying I disagree with it, nor do I think he's breaking any rules. But the NCAA comes down on UK due to celebrating 500 victories, when several other programs have done the same.

 

The "Kentucky Effect" does just the same, doesn't mean it's wrong. NCAA doesn't really have a problem with this sort of thing, he's giving examples not guarantees. Not like a former athlete is going to file a lawsuit down the road for false advertisement.

The "Kentucky Effect" does just the same, doesn't mean it's wrong. NCAA doesn't really have a problem with this sort of thing, he's giving examples not guarantees. Not like a former athlete is going to file a lawsuit down the road for false advertisement.

 

Oh, I don't believe Cal is doing anything wrong at all. I love his mentioning of the "Kentucky Effect." I'm more concerned about the NCAA & how they would view something of that sort.

I thought the mention of shoe contracts was directed to the professional level. As in...

 

if you come to UK, you will be a great player with lots of exposure and when you are a professional, sign a HUGE shoe contract!

He certainly seems to have it all figured out from the perspective of making UK seem like the coolest place on Earth. Imagine when recruits visit this summer/fall with all of the NBA talent playing pick up games.

He certainly seems to have it all figured out from the perspective of making UK seem like the coolest place on Earth. Imagine when recruits visit this summer/fall with all of the NBA talent playing pick up games.

 

Which will happen because he's contacted all former players to let them know they can come back on campus any time to play/train or take some classes. The man knows how to play the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.