Cal's Letter to Recruits

Clyde

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::thumb:

One thing I do wonder about is the part where he speaks of "shoe contracts." Can he do that?

That was my first though as well though you would think his remarks would be reviewed before submittal.

As Telep pointed out, does anyone think Coach Cal really does know something that most don't about the NBA lockout and keeping kids in school? It does seems a bit odd that he doesn't have any commitments or anyone really a shoe in to come to UK.

Here's what he had to say:

If he's to make it four straight No. 1's (classes), he'd better hurry because the clock is ticking. It's almost like Calipari knows something about the NBA lockout no one else does, like a rule change keeping kids in college longer or something along those lines.

Or is it that there isn't anyone budging right now? Who knows...

It's a blog. Why can't he speak of shoe contracts?

Because it implies "you come to UK, you'll get paid...eventually." I'm not saying I disagree with it, nor do I think he's breaking any rules. But the NCAA comes down on UK due to celebrating 500 victories, when several other programs have done the same.

Because it implies "you come to UK, you'll get paid...eventually." I'm not saying I disagree with it, nor do I think he's breaking any rules. But the NCAA comes down on UK due to celebrating 500 victories, when several other programs have done the same.

The "Kentucky Effect" does just the same, doesn't mean it's wrong. NCAA doesn't really have a problem with this sort of thing, he's giving examples not guarantees. Not like a former athlete is going to file a lawsuit down the road for false advertisement.

The "Kentucky Effect" does just the same, doesn't mean it's wrong. NCAA doesn't really have a problem with this sort of thing, he's giving examples not guarantees. Not like a former athlete is going to file a lawsuit down the road for false advertisement.

Oh, I don't believe Cal is doing anything wrong at all. I love his mentioning of the "Kentucky Effect." I'm more concerned about the NCAA & how they would view something of that sort.

He certainly seems to have it all figured out from the perspective of making UK seem like the coolest place on Earth. Imagine when recruits visit this summer/fall with all of the NBA talent playing pick up games.

Which will happen because he's contacted all former players to let them know they can come back on campus any time to play/train or take some classes. The man knows how to play the game.