Everything posted by FormerCawoodTrojan
-
Top 10 in 2015 Class Per Demling
Maci Morris could be sensational when it is all said and done. Has some serious bloodlines...mother and father, aunts and uncles and cousins all played college ball. I've heard great things about her work ethic and her ability. Seems to be headed in the right direction.
-
Lafayette 58 Henry Clay 56
I'm a casual observer to the hs bball thread, but it appears most comments on here are aimed at ridiculing the Generals so it isn't surprising this wasn't mentioned sooner.
-
The Most "dominating" RB in KY history?
Lots of great one's already named. Scott Russell from Evarts in early 90's was a good one too. Broke Higgs' record for career yards rushing. Held it until I think Homer broke it.
-
Bell County 25 Harlan County 14
Are both Bell RB's srs? The qb is a Jr, correct?
-
Bell County 25 Harlan County 14
I'm not disputing the call Commander. I was just asking why it was 1st and 10. I know both teams were very aggressive away from the plays all night long. I also agree that is a very good crew. I coached the lead official's son in baseball back in the day. Not sure why everyone is assuming I thought it was a bad call. I just didn't understand the call. And yeah, it certainly changed the momentum. HC was once again dominating the line of scrimmage on that drive and it all shifted after that. Great game. Both teams should do well. For my one game this year, I pickeda great one. Very impressed with the crowd HC brought to Log Mountain.
-
Bell County 25 Harlan County 14
This was the first game I've got to watch this year and I was very impressed with both teams. Bell had a lot of speed and Harlan has some size on the lines. Can anyone explain what the 15 yd penalty on HC was at the end of the 3rd quarter? They were inside the 10 and I thought ran a play (1st down) and then took a 15 yd penalty. After it was marked off and the 4th started, it was 1st and 10 again. I was very confused.
-
Bell County 25 Harlan County 14
3rd and 4 HC dropped back to pass and Brewer took a sack. That was ballgame. Bad play call in my opinion. HC dominated the line of scrimmage in the 1st Half. 2nd Half, big plays killed them.
-
Bell County/Harlan County Predictions
Wish I could go. This is the type of win HC needs! Bell Co has OWNED the mountains for years and I for one am ready to a change. I have mad respect for Bell and what they have accomplished through the years, but am really hoping HC can take this one. The last time a regular season game was this hyped in my memory in Harlan Co. was Bell Co vs Cawood in '93. 12-7 Bell Co in one of the best HS games I've watched.
-
Bell County/Harlan County Predictions
Kind of like UK - UT, it is hard for me to vote HC in this one. I was an 8th grader the last time Cawood beat Bell Co. and no other team from Harlan Co (Cumberland, Evarts, or Harlan) has beat them either. I think it will be a great game though.
-
Harlan County/Perry County Central Predictions
I think the physicality of Harlan Co pushes them to a victory and they remain unbeaten heading in to the match-up with Bell Co.
-
Jackson Davis Picks Up A Big Offer
I expected your post to be the 2nd one.
-
Bell County 63 Middlesboro 20
How many yards for Davenport last night?
-
Harlan County 48 Gate City (VA) 7
I would ask if this may be the year our county finally defeats Bell...but tht is almost like UK-UT, I'll never ask or predict. Big win for BC last night as well. Will be tracking both teams all year. Good luck!
-
Harlan County 48 Gate City (VA) 7
HC held the VA (Class A) Defending State Champs to 1 yd rushing while rolling up 364 on the ground. McMillan dominated on the Dline for the Black Bears.
-
Harlan County 48 Gate City (VA) 7
Another dominant performance. Gate City was predicted to be better than this, just couldn't compete with HC on any level.
-
Harlan County/Gate City (VA) Predictions
HC's power will be too much for Gate City. Gate City has a good program, but they aren't on HC's level this year.
-
Is there a team from EKY that can legitimately contend for a state title?
I think Harlan Co will have a legit shot. I think they are top 2-3 in most preseason polls in 5A. They have an experienced QB and RB and a solid back 7 on D. They key will be replacing 3 OL and 3 DL starters from last year's 5A semifinalist team.
-
Sophomores Starting Varsity 4A+
Zach Chitwood Sophmore Safety for Harlan County. Got playing time as a frosh last year at Safety and RB. Larkey really likes this kid. Was 6th man on the Harlan (Ind) Green Dragons basketball team as an 8th Grader before transferring to the county.
-
Playing for your Dad
Mike Jones and his son Micheal were very successful. Todd Central as an 8th Grader and Frosh and then on to Harlan High School where they won a couple of All A Classics as well as at 2 trips to the Sweet 16. I also think Michael led the state in assists a couple of years and still is either at the top or close to the state record for FT percentage.
-
13th Region boys 2012
Great article...I've been waiting on this since the season ended. I agree with you HDE on that being a toss up...I know no one that knows 13th Region history as much as you and I always look forward to your thoughts on it.
-
Lexington Catholic 88 Lafayette 69
Prayers to Coach Coldiron go out today.
-
Lafayette 58 Dunbar 56
I didn't think you commented when they won. Nice. Either way, nice win and I'm happy for the kids that stuck it out.
-
Lafayette 58 Dunbar 56
Davis flirted with a triple double. Coldiron and crew have had a tough season, but I see this as a turning point for the future. Congrats Generals.
-
Lafayette 62 Lexington Christian 54
As I said earlier, no one knows exactly what goes on inside a program. Hopefully they are back on the right track with the kids that want to be on the team. Good win!
-
Ashland 72 Lafayette 68
He played from 88-91 I think. I had the pleasure of working with him when I got out of college and he is a great person.