Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

LRCW

I agree. I was a huge voice a couple of years ago, pointing the offense flaws concerning 3 runs or less. The w/l record that year, (06, 07, I can't remember) was a major point in my argument against blowing up that team. I'm not for blowing this team up, but my lord the offense sure is in the gutter. I am in agreement concerning SS and LF. The lack of production from them has just been to hard to overcome. I think they really need to address those two positions sooner rather than later.

Sadly I don't think that will happen. Walt is pretty stubborn sometimes.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are major leaguers ... they're a little tougher mentally than youth-level players.

And where you get this three-run, four-run stuff, I'll never know.

Don't know where you got the youth level idea but I guess you assumed that from the post. Ask Pete Rose about the skills needed to play at this level. He always said that baseball was 10% physical and 90% mental so mental does seem to play a big part in how they perform. I guess I just made the 3 run 4 run stuff up for you and the other brilliant baseball minds that support Dusty on here to have fun with.

That's the first time I've ever heard that in my entire life. And still doesn't make any sense, IMO.

If you were saying the difference between 4 run and 5 runs that'd make a lot more sense. Atleast that way a grand slam couldn't tie the game being up 5...

You must be very young then. I have heard announcers talk about it for years. Sometimes they do say some things worth listening to.

For the most part it's pretty simple. The bullpen consists of guys you bring in when your team is ahead/tied, and guys you bring in when your team is losing.

If you haven't noticed that by now, you need to pay more attention.

Believe me I have noticed it with Johnny B. way too much, like how he ONLY brings Massett in for the 8th, or CoCo for the 9th. Does he ever bring Bray in to face a tough lefty to start the 9th and then bring CoCo in to close it out? Nope CoCo in the 9th, nobody else. Johnny B. does everything by his so called book. The "toothpick" imo has way too much information to deal with and forgets how to mange by his gut like a lot of the "good" managers do.

Believe me I have noticed it with Johnny B. way too much, like how he ONLY brings Massett in for the 8th, or CoCo for the 9th. Does he ever bring Bray in to face a tough lefty to start the 9th and then bring CoCo in to close it out? Nope CoCo in the 9th, nobody else. Johnny B. does everything by his so called book. The "toothpick" imo has way too much information to deal with and forgets how to mange by his gut like a lot of the "good" managers do.

When a team has a set closer, you'll never see a manager do that. It's the closer's job to pitch the 9th. You let the closer do his job...

We've had this same discussion on here before about the 9th inning. You were about the only person who thought it was a good idea to bring in Bray for one out in the 9th when Cordero is the closer.

You must be very young then. I have heard announcers talk about it for years. Sometimes they do say some things worth listening to.

I've watched enough baseball to know it doesn't make sense and the announcers I listen to have never talked about it. You must watch the Pirates or something...they've lost for 19 seasons in a row, their announcers probably don't make much sense.

When a team has a set closer, you'll never see a manager do that. It's the closer's job to pitch the 9th. You let the closer do his job...

We've had this same discussion on here before about the 9th inning. You were about the only person who thought it was a good idea to bring in Bray for one out in the 9th when Cordero is the closer.

If you are in a close situation, Coco is it. He has but one job, and gets paid millions to do it. Dusty would be crucified if the Reds were winning a tight one in the 9th and Bray or anyone other than Coco blew the lead. Now if you're not in a save situation, I can see looking at other options. Oh, that would mean we are in agreement.

If you are in a close situation, Coco is it. He has but one job, and gets paid millions to do it. Dusty would be crucified if the Reds were winning a tight one in the 9th and Bray or anyone other than Coco blew the lead. Now if you're not in a save situation, I can see looking at other options. Oh, that would mean we are in agreement.

:thumb:

Yanks have lost just once since Derek has been on the DL. Brett Gardner has been very good at lead off. Once he comes back the brass are wondering what to do. I'd say move Derek to fifth, I love his speed and ball/strike control of Brett. Who are the pitchers for tonites game?

OLD, you are right on about Jeter/TV, my family hates it, but at least they know where I'm at. Good luck to the REDS.

I didn't see those conversations, but I'll add this. That is the dumbest idea in all of sports and the stats back it up. Some smarter teams are now using their best reliever earlier in the game and in tougher situations because they know the win percentage for teams leading after 8 innings is almost exactly the same as it's been in baseball for 100 years. It also saves them a ton of money if they aren't letting guys collect save stats. I think Massett is the Reds best pitcher out of the pen so I like that he isn't the closer. I would love if Dusty started the 9th out with Bray against a lefty before going to CoCo if the hitter struggles against lefties, but I understand why he doesn't. I just don't agree with it.

Yanks have lost just once since Derek has been on the DL. Brett Gardner has been very good at lead off. Once he comes back the brass are wondering what to do. I'd say move Derek to fifth, I love his speed and ball/strike control of Brett. Who are the pitchers for tonites game?

OLD, you are right on about Jeter/TV, my family hates it, but at least they know where I'm at. Good luck to the REDS.

I thnk that Jeter will go right back to lead off, maybe the two slot. After he breaks the mark, he may move down in the order. I think that they will want to get him all the AB's they can untill he gets the hit. Jeter will come back in Yankee stadium and he wants it quick to get past it. jmo.

GO REDS

GO YANKEES

Don't know where you got the youth level idea but I guess you assumed that from the post. Ask Pete Rose about the skills needed to play at this level. He always said that baseball was 10% physical and 90% mental so mental does seem to play a big part in how they perform. I guess I just made the 3 run 4 run stuff up for you and the other brilliant baseball minds that support Dusty on here to have fun with.

Me? A Dusty supporter? Man, you haven't been around here very long ...