Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

  • Author
Need a HR now.

 

 

Better chance I lose 75 lbs in a week.

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renteria? Has nothing to do with this at bat but I can't wait till they DFA him and let Cozart play. He is terrible.

 

 

The Reds welcome the Yankees in this week. Which team will oldrambler be rooting for this week?

 

I will gladly answer that question. I had already said in an earlirt post that my two favorites playing will be fun to watch. As for which team in this one I am pulling for the Reds. I am a Yankee fan as well but when it comes down to the two meeting each other I am for the Reds. I have been a Reds fan since a very young age and was learning baseball and started watching the big leagues on t.v..

 

Now, I just really need the BoSox to lose 3 or 4 in a row. lol

Edited by oldrambler

8 runs in the last 5 games at home. Cueto better throw a no hitter tomorrow.

So, when the Reds go to an AL park, do they DH for Janish?:lol:

 

I would go with Leake at the plate over Janish. Come to think of it, I would play Leake at shortstop over Janish. :D

If Gomes is so bad you can't PH him when you are looking for a HR, he doesn't need to be on the team. Renteria seriously?

"And this one belongs to the Yanks". Ok, just messin, baseball is a numbers game, a team can get hot any moment and pull a nice streak. The Reds are still in it and like many of their fans have posted need to get their bats going. After the first I started to find a movie, but then it became a very nice game for both teams. Reds have very nice fans, and I wish them well the rest of the year after the Yanks move on, tomorrow nite the game is on MLB network, the past seven ot eight days the Yanks have been on TV a lot.

How come the Reds play scared against the best teams?

 

I agree that the Reds play somewhat intimidated by the top teams. That imo is one big difference in the Reds not having stepped up to that level.......yet. The Reds now have the talent to start steping up but I think they still don't fully believe that they belong. The Reds need to get the "it" factor or the "swagger" of teams like the Yankees, Red Sox,etc.. jmo

If the Reds offense is an embarrassment, then what would you call the offenses of the rest of the National League teams? Because yes the Reds offense is struggling, but the Reds offense is still better than most teams in the NL. I would be willing to bet most teams would love to trade lineups with the Reds. So even though the Reds offense is not doing that well lately, lets not act like all these other teams have great offenses. When it comes down to it, the Reds still have one of the better offenses in the National League. Some teams have offenses that have struggled like this all year long...

 

I do agree though that they need to get out of this funk they are in. They need to make some changes somewhere.

 

Stats are can be misleading since it comes down to run differential on a game-by-game basis.

 

If we all agree that it's hard to win when you score 2 runs or less the Reds offense is worse than the Brew Crew and the Cards.

 

Reds: 21

Brewers: 15

Cards: 11

 

That 10-game delta between the two only half-way through June is forboding.

"And this one belongs to the Yanks". Ok, just messin, baseball is a numbers game, a team can get hot any moment and pull a nice streak. The Reds are still in it and like many of their fans have posted need to get their bats going. After the first I started to find a movie, but then it became a very nice game for both teams. Reds have very nice fans, and I wish them well the rest of the year after the Yanks move on, tomorrow nite the game is on MLB network, the past seven ot eight days the Yanks have been on TV a lot.
AL, I believe that the different networks scheduled primarily Yankee hames during these couple of weeks looking for Jeter to get number 3,000. Jeter went on the DL after they had scheduled. At any rate, I am loving it,lol.

Ok I know there are some on here wondering where the heck I've been tonight as the Reds embarass themselves on national TV. I just have a couple of things to say as I am getting real tired of harping on the same old things lately. Wood sucked to start the game and has now become the worst 1st inning starter in baseball replacing EV to own that dubious honor. Another thing I want to elaborate on is that all of you on here I believe are starting to see what I have been saying for quite awhile that Johnny B. Baker is a terrible manager and can't make a split second decision in crunch time. Somebody please answer a few questions for me please. What was the "toothpick" thinking in bringing Arredondo in again with a small deficit when the last 2 times he did this he proceeded to give up another run and drop the Reds completely out of contention for a win. As bad as the Red's offense is playing right now they can not afford to let a 3 run deficit go to 4 and think about coming back. What was the "toothpick" thinking batting Renteria for Hanigan in a 2 run game with 2 outs? Do any of you on here think that he had a chance to tie the game with one swing? Has Hanigan not swung the bat better lately? I guess that somewhere in Renteria's recent past he has gotten a hit off of Mariano Rivera. That's the only justification I can think of for that move. Why leave Hernandez on deck in that situation, or leave Gomes on the bench in that situation, or leave Cairo who just the day before hit a big 2 run home run to win the game on the bench. Renteria?? Why?? Is Renteria 2011's Corey Patterson in Dusty's eyes?

Ok I know there are some on here wondering where the heck I've been tonight as the Reds embarass themselves on national TV. I just have a couple of things to say as I am getting real tired of harping on the same old things lately. Wood sucked to start the game and has now become the worst 1st inning starter in baseball replacing EV to own that dubious honor. Another thing I want to elaborate on is that all of you on here I believe are starting to see what I have been saying for quite awhile that Johnny B. Baker is a terrible manager and can't make a split second decision in crunch time. Somebody please answer a few questions for me please. What was the "toothpick" thinking in bringing Arredondo in again with a small deficit when the last 2 times he did this he proceeded to give up another run and drop the Reds completely out of contention for a win. As bad as the Red's offense is playing right now they can not afford to let a 3 run deficit go to 4 and think about coming back. What was the "toothpick" thinking batting Renteria for Hanigan in a 2 run game with 2 outs? Do any of you on here think that he had a chance to tie the game with one swing? Has Hanigan not swung the bat better lately? I guess that somewhere in Renteria's recent past he has gotten a hit off of Mariano Rivera. That's the only justification I can think of for that move. Why leave Hernandez on deck in that situation, or leave Gomes on the bench in that situation, or leave Cairo who just the day before hit a big 2 run home run to win the game on the bench. Renteria?? Why?? Is Renteria 2011's Corey Patterson in Dusty's eyes?

 

Arredondo pitched two scoreless innings Saturday...

Arredondo pitched two scoreless innings Saturday...

 

They were also down 4 runs and it was the 6th inning. Look at the last couple of times when he brought him in in a close game and tell me what he did.

He wouldn't have given up a run had the pathetic Janish not displayed yet again his atrocious defense.

He wouldn't have given up a run had the pathetic Janish not displayed yet again his atrocious defense.

 

I agree. I just question Dusty bringing him in in that situation when he has had problems with the leadoff batter on quite a few recent occasions. I am tired of ragging on Janish. He is terrible at the plate and lately his defense has been very suspect to say the least. But Jocketty and Baker like what they have at shortstop so who am I to question them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.