Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

They were also down 4 runs and it was the 6th inning. Look at the last couple of times when he brought him in in a close game and tell me what he did.

 

So it's okay to bring him in down 4 but not down 3?

 

Makes a lot of sense...

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it, you are trying to defend the "toothpick" so I'll agree with you if that's what you want. How much longer can you defend some of the odd moves the man makes?

Let's face it, you are trying to defend the "toothpick" so I'll agree with you if that's what you want. How much longer can you defend some of the odd moves the man makes?

 

I'm not defending anyone.

 

Your logic doesn't make any sense and I'm simply pointing that out.

I'm not defending anyone.

 

Your logic doesn't make any sense and I'm simply pointing that out.

 

If you can't tell the difference between being down 3 and down 4 then I guess you never took Math in school. 1 run makes a lot of difference in a deficit.

I'm not defending anyone.

 

Your logic doesn't make any sense and I'm simply pointing that out.

 

If you've ever coached baseball at any level you would know that there is a big psychological advantage to being up 4 runs instead of 3. When you are up 3 you know that the opponent can get a couple of runners on base and a long ball can tie the game. If you can go up 4 runs you know that it takes at least one more batter to do the same thing. Coaches push very hard to turn a 3 run lead into 4 for that edge.

If you can't tell the difference between being down 3 and down 4 then I guess you never took Math in school. 1 run makes a lot of difference in a deficit.

 

For the most part it's pretty simple. The bullpen consists of guys you bring in when your team is ahead/tied, and guys you bring in when your team is losing.

 

If you haven't noticed that by now, you need to pay more attention.

If you've ever coached baseball at any level you would know that there is a big psychological advantage to being up 4 runs instead of 3. When you are up 3 you know that the opponent can get a couple of runners on base and a long ball can tie the game. If you can go up 4 runs you know that it takes at least one more batter to do the same thing. Coaches push very hard to turn a 3 run lead into 4 for that edge.

These are major leaguers ... they're a little tougher mentally than youth-level players.

 

And where you get this three-run, four-run stuff, I'll never know.

If you've ever coached baseball at any level you would know that there is a big psychological advantage to being up 4 runs instead of 3. When you are up 3 you know that the opponent can get a couple of runners on base and a long ball can tie the game. If you can go up 4 runs you know that it takes at least one more batter to do the same thing. Coaches push very hard to turn a 3 run lead into 4 for that edge.

 

That's the first time I've ever heard that in my entire life. And still doesn't make any sense, IMO.

 

If you were saying the difference between 4 run and 5 runs that'd make a lot more sense. Atleast that way a grand slam couldn't tie the game being up 5...

He is not young for a minor leaguer, he will be 26 in August. He was a college pick out of Mississippi and just maybe he is starting to make that big adjustment from the aluminum bat to wood and showing why they drafted him in the 2nd round. The experts say that players have physically and mentally matured by the age of 27 and should be in their prime if they are going to make it. Maybe he has done that, but if he isn't given the opportunity we may never know. Look at Stubbs' minor numbers. They were not all that outstanding in 2009 but he got a chance and I think we are all glad he did.

 

I was talking about Hermida he has had success in the bigs before so im not suprised to see him raking in aaa ball...Hermida is still young considering the amount of big league ball he has already played and he could still be good ..

Going to the Yankees game tonight!!!!!!

I'll be in attendance tonight....Trying to improve on my 7-6 record for the year.

Stats are can be misleading since it comes down to run differential on a game-by-game basis.

 

If we all agree that it's hard to win when you score 2 runs or less the Reds offense is worse than the Brew Crew and the Cards.

 

Reds: 21

Brewers: 15

Cards: 11

 

That 10-game delta between the two only half-way through June is forboding.

 

But Clyde, the offense is fine b/c for the entire year they have scored more than both of those teams. When they win a game 10-2 that makes up for the 21 times it was really hard to win a game b/c they scored 2 or less.

 

Great stat.

I was talking about Hermida he has had success in the bigs before so im not suprised to see him raking in aaa ball...Hermida is still young considering the amount of big league ball he has already played and he could still be good ..

 

Jeremy Hermida is what is known as a AAAA player. He can kill minor league pitching but struggles against big league pitchers. He swings and misses too much against big league pitching, he has been really bad since 2007 and has 491 strikeouts compared to 502 career hits. He's nothing more than a 15 day injury fill in.

Jeremy Hermida is what is known as a AAAA player. He can kill minor league pitching but struggles against big league pitchers. He swings and misses too much against big league pitching, he has been really bad since 2007 and has 491 strikeouts compared to 502 career hits. He's nothing more than a 15 day injury fill in.

I wouldn't consider him a fix at all. When you have some young guys down in AAA killing the ball you have to give them a chance at some point. You can't keep going with guys that are hitting .220 and expect to stay in contention.

 

Sappelt still killing the ball even after coming off the DL. Would fill in nicely in LF and guy us a leadoff guy and let Stubbs move back to a more comfortable position for him. I always was under the impression Sappelt had pretty good speed but it says he only has 2 SB on the year.

But Clyde, the offense is fine b/c for the entire year they have scored more than both of those teams. When they win a game 10-2 that makes up for the 21 times it was really hard to win a game b/c they scored 2 or less.

 

Great stat.

 

I agree. I was a huge voice a couple of years ago, pointing the offense flaws concerning 3 runs or less. The w/l record that year, (06, 07, I can't remember) was a major point in my argument against blowing up that team. I'm not for blowing this team up, but my lord the offense sure is in the gutter. I am in agreement concerning SS and LF. The lack of production from them has just been to hard to overcome. I think they really need to address those two positions sooner rather than later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.