Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

LRCW

I can't believe someone would try to start a new thread while the other one was still open, and the Reds went 4-2 last week. :ohbrother:

The Reds welcome the Yankees in this week. Which team will oldrambler be rooting for this week?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing that I brought up in the last thread that no one commented on. Why do the Reds need to carry 12 pitchers with the last 2 weeks performances by the starters? Jeremy Horst hasn't pitched since June 7th and Fisher has been used on June 18th, 11th and the 5th. With offdays the next 2 Thursdays and road trips to American league teams wouldn't you think that an extra bat might be nice to have on the bench instead of a security blanket pitcher that hasn't pitched in 13 days?

One other thing that I brought up in the last thread that no one commented on. Why do the Reds need to carry 12 pitchers with the last 2 weeks performances by the starters? Jeremy Horst hasn't pitched since June 7th and Fisher has been used on June 18th, 11th and the 5th. With offdays the next 2 Thursdays and road trips to American league teams wouldn't you think that an extra bat might be nice to have on the bench instead of a security blanket pitcher that hasn't pitched in 13 days?

All it takes is one bad outing by a SP for that to come back to haunt you.

All it takes is one bad outing by a SP for that to come back to haunt you.

They haven't had any problem with shuttling pitchers back and forth before. Letting a pitcher sit in the bullpen for 2 weeks without being used imo is a waste of a roster spot. Someone like Cozart might come up and give this team a shot in the arm offensively and at the worst he can't play any worse than what they have been running out there.

They haven't had any problem with shuttling pitchers back and forth before. Letting a pitcher sit in the bullpen for 2 weeks without being used imo is a waste of a roster spot. Someone like Cozart might come up and give this team a shot in the arm offensively and at the worst he can't play any worse than what they have been running out there.

Making roster moves every day like they were is just plain stupid...

If a guy like Cozart is going to come up it will be to play everyday. Therefore one of the other SS's would be DFA or released.

dmd. The reds have scored 3 runs or less in 15 of 31 games dating back to the 2 game sweep at home to the Pirates. How many games of the 162 game schedule is enough if a sample size to admit this offense is struggling? It's a joke to me that full year numbers are repeatedly cited when this offense is not clicking for more than a month and half of that time Bruce had a career month that he may never match.

dmd. The reds have scored 3 runs or less in 15 of 31 games dating back to the 2 game sweep at home to the Pirates. How many games of the 162 game schedule is enough if a sample size to admit this offense is struggling? It's a joke to me that full year numbers are repeatedly cited when this offense is not clicking for more than a month and half of that time Bruce had a career month that he may never match.

I clearly said in the thread last week that they have been horrid.

The fact remains that they've made up 2 games in the standings in the past 3 weeks, even with an awful offense. I'll take that every time.

Cozart has some nice numbers at Louisville ... then again, I'm not sure what to think of them since Jeremy Hermida is hitting .356 at Louisville. :lol:

He has talent but hasn't been very good for a few years and is still relatively young...im not surprised at all to see him hammering aaa pitching ...

I clearly said in the thread last week that they have been horrid.

The fact remains that they've made up 2 games in the standings in the past 3 weeks, even with an awful offense. I'll take that every time.

I'll take it also. Rarely will you have every facet of the game hitting on all cylinders at the same time. The offense picked up the pitching when it was struggling, now the pitching is picking up the O. Hopefully there will be a stretch when both are doing well and the team can make a move in the standings. Go Reds!

Some people want to use the ytd numbers on offense but want to ignore them on the pitching stats.