Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

Gift there. How in the world do you not bunt the guy over?

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job by Arredondo. No way they should have escaped that inning.

Being that you're an age of the prospect guy for position players at age 23 Wood was in the majors for a majority of the year. I would guess he was a top 30 prospect at some point last year the age of 23. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Lee. I am willing to bet the Mets won't do better picking 35th or so in the draft. He's still young.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wood isn't a position player ... age isn't quite as important when evaluating a pitcher.

 

For what it's worth, though:

 

Wood's numbers at High-A ... 21 starts, 93 innings, 6-6, 3.78 ERA, 88 hits, 48 BB, 95 SO

Lee's numbers at High-A ... 20 starts, 109 innings, 6-7, 2.79 ERA, 78 hits, 46 BB, 129 SO

 

Wood's numbers at Double-A ... 36 starts, 199 innings, 13-12, 3.58 ERA, 169 hits, 85 BB, 163 SO

Lee's numbers at Double-A ... 17 starts, 98 innings, 8-2, 3.02 ERA, 68 hits, 27 BB, 118 SO

 

Wood's numbers at Triple-A ... 24 starts, 148 innings, 9-8, 3.09 ERA, 40 BB, 131 SO

Lee's numbers at Triple-A ... 19 starts, 106 innings, 9-3, 3.47 ERA, 98 hits, 53 BB, 91 SO

 

Lee was clearly better at two of the three levels, particularly in the key areas to evaluate ... hits/innings, walks and strikeouts. Wood definitely had better numbers at Triple-A.

 

Personally, I think Wood has a bright future. At the same time, however, Lee wasn't necessarily the centerpiece of the Colon deal ... Phillips was considered a big-time prospect and Sizemore was a year or so removed from receiving a million-dollar bonus.

 

Making the point again ... Wood would probably be a piece useful to landing someone like Reyes, but it's going to take more than that, and mid-20s blocked prospects aren't going to cut it.

Edited by westsider

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wood isn't a position player ... age isn't quite as important when evaluating a pitcher.
Is it still daylight where you live?

Need Bruce to go yard.

Can't believe he sent him. Pooooooooop

He was blocking the plate to brace for a collision. Votto was more likely to lick him than run over him.

Is it still daylight where you live?

Meaning?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wood isn't a position player ... age isn't quite as important when evaluating a pitcher.

 

For what it's worth, though:

 

Wood's numbers at High-A ... 21 starts, 93 innings, 6-6, 3.78 ERA, 88 hits, 48 BB, 95 SO

Lee's numbers at High-A ... 20 starts, 109 innings, 6-7, 2.79 ERA, 78 hits, 46 BB, 129 SO

 

Wood's numbers at Double-A ... 36 starts, 199 innings, 13-12, 3.58 ERA, 169 hits, 85 BB, 163 SO

Lee's numbers at Double-A ... 17 starts, 98 innings, 8-2, 3.02 ERA, 68 hits, 27 BB, 118 SO

 

Wood's numbers at Triple-A ... 24 starts, 148 innings, 9-8, 3.09 ERA, 40 BB, 131 SO

Lee's numbers at Triple-A ... 19 starts, 106 innings, 9-3, 3.47 ERA, 98 hits, 53 BB, 91 SO

 

Lee was clearly better at two of the three levels, particularly in the key areas to evaluate ... hits/innings, walks and strikeouts. Wood definitely had better numbers at Triple-A.

 

Personally, I think Wood has a bright future. At the same time, however, Lee wasn't necessarily the centerpiece of the Colon deal ... Phillips was considered a big-time prospect and Sizemore was a year or so removed from receiving a million-dollar bonus.

 

Making the point again ... Wood would probably be a piece useful to landing someone like Reyes, but it's going to take more than that, and mid-20s blocked prospects aren't going to cut it.

 

I mentioned position players because I knew you would and I kind of agree with that. However Wood was younger at all of those levels right?

I mentioned position players because I knew you would and I kind of agree with that. However Wood was younger at all of those levels right?

Younger by about a year ... in terms of age, Wood reached the majors about six months before Lee, hardly a big difference.

 

Still, the age comparison doesn't necessarily mean that much with pitchers ... performance is more critical.

OK, we have fallen into 4th place...behind Pittsburgh. But we're 7 games up on the Cubs. Kiss my grits windy city.

Bruce last 10 .200

Votto last 10 .195

You guys are so bent on SS and LF. These two don't produce, they are toast, I might as well play SS.

The Reds traded Steven Jackson to the Pirates for PTBNL...Watch out Walt is heating up lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.