Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

They aren't trading for Reyes. :lol:

I agree ...

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or Grandal and I'd do that if I were the Reds and I'd have Chapman pitch as a stater in Louisville the rest of the season if I got rid of Wood.

You would trade Mesoraco, Wood and Cozart for Reyes, who may walk as a free agent at the end of the year?

You would trade Mesoraco, Wood and Cozart for Reyes, who may walk as a free agent at the end of the year?

 

No, it makes no sense. I'm not convinced that makes them a WS contender. This guys against everything they have been doing the last few years to build this team to where it is. Stick to your plan. Only way I'm making a trade like that is if it is for a bit time pitcher.

No, it makes no sense. I'm not convinced that makes them a WS contender. This guys against everything they have been doing the last few years to build this team to where it is. Stick to your plan. Only way I'm making a trade like that is if it is for a bit time pitcher.

Reyes would certainly help the offense, but Mesoraco and Wood would constitute a prohibitive cost for a guy that's likely to walk away for a big-money contract next winter.

 

I agree with you ...

You would trade Mesoraco, Wood and Cozart for Reyes, who may walk as a free agent at the end of the year?

 

Yes. They have a 3 year window and I'd do everything to win now. I don't think Wood or Cozart are that good. I'd rather deal Grandal but I'd do it either way.

They aren't trading for Reyes. :lol:

 

I agree ...

 

I agree too, but I like to hope.

No, it makes no sense. I'm not convinced that makes them a WS contender. This guys against everything they have been doing the last few years to build this team to where it is. Stick to your plan. Only way I'm making a trade like that is if it is for a bit time pitcher.

 

The plan to rebuild worked. Now it's time to compete for a title other than NL Central.

Wood, Hanigan, Alonso, Frazier, and Cozart (Package of some kind) for Jose Reyes um no thanks.

 

Jeremy Guthrie gives up HR's like they are going out of style. Will only be worse in GASP. No thanks again.

 

All this depth is nice, but what the franchise needs more than an excess of young talent is an energized fan base that is buying season tickets and generating revenue for years into the future.

 

The only way to do this is NOT mortgage your future for a rental player like Jose Reyes.

 

Good article but he only looks at it from the Reds' side, and even then he almost argues against the deal from the Mets' side with his comments on the Reds' prospects. Let's look at it from the Mets' side:

 

Alonso - zero interest in him as the Mets already have a young 1B they like.

Cozart - Moderate interest but the article itself states that Cozart's offensive numbers are inflated.

Frazier - At best, a utility player at the MLB level.

Wood - Probably the most interesting player for the Mets. They can use the pitching help and he would be very solid in the Mets ballpark.

Catcher - Would Hanigan entice you to deal the current best SS in baseball?

 

So if I am the Mets looking at what the Reds have to offer, there isn't one player in that list that gets me excited about a deal. The only player I have more than moderate interest in is Wood.

 

Put yourself in the Mets' shoes and ask yourself, what do the Reds have that would make you WANT to make a deal?

I agree with SSC in that this team is in year 1 of a 3 year window. No chance they'll be able to keep the likes of Votto, Cueto, Stubbs, Phillips, etc. without winning big and generating much more fan interest. I don't see guys in the minors that can be those missing pieces (save Mesoraco) to get them there. They need to bring up Cozart and hope he shows enough to increase his value or prove he's capable of being a solution at SS. Not sure Reyes is the right guy, but I would 100% be behind a Cozart, Alonso, Wood type package for him. The only prospect I wouldn't be willing to move is Mesoraco.

Good article but he only looks at it from the Reds' side, and even then he almost argues against the deal from the Mets' side with his comments on the Reds' prospects. Let's look at it from the Mets' side:

 

Alonso - zero interest in him as the Mets already have a young 1B they like.

Cozart - Moderate interest but the article itself states that Cozart's offensive numbers are inflated.

Frazier - At best, a utility player at the MLB level.

Wood - Probably the most interesting player for the Mets. They can use the pitching help and he would be very solid in the Mets ballpark.

Catcher - Would Hanigan entice you to deal the current best SS in baseball?

 

So if I am the Mets looking at what the Reds have to offer, there isn't one player in that list that gets me excited about a deal. The only player I have more than moderate interest in is Wood.

 

Put yourself in the Mets' shoes and ask yourself, what do the Reds have that would make you WANT to make a deal?

 

Yasmani? :idunno:

Yasmani? :idunno:

 

That is a possibility. I think a younger player with huge upside would entice a deal more than anyone the Reds have at AAA.

That is a possibility. I think a younger player with huge upside would entice a deal more than anyone the Reds have at AAA.

 

So then the question is, would the Reds be willing to put together a Wood, Grandal, Cozart package?

So then the question is, would the Reds be willing to put together a Wood, Grandal, Cozart package?

 

For what Reyes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.