Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

The Reds should forget about Renteria and "Rent-a-Reyes" from the Mets for the rest of the season.

 

Sent some of our top prospects to get a guy for a few months. No thanks.

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reds should forget about Renteria and "Rent-a-Reyes" from the Mets for the rest of the season.

 

That would be all it would be because he is talking a contract of around $100m as a free agent.

He doesn't really have any offensive problems. He just can't hit, he won't magically fix that in the minors.

 

I agree but the organization doesn't seem to think that.

Anyone else hear the comment Brantley made during the day game yesterday?

 

Something along the lines of, "If you're a Louisville Bat, you have to be thinking to yourself, "what more do I have to do to get a shot?"..."

 

Watched an interview with Rick Sweet manager of the Bats in Louisville after game night before last. Way he was talking, they aren't swinging the bats that well either...

After last night's game, I'd say it's safe to say the Reds have a legit ace, #1 starter.

 

Cueto has been darn near unhittable all season.

 

I'm a Cueto fan ! Hope he stays consistent ! :thumb:

Watched an interview with Rick Sweet manager of the Bats in Louisville after game night before last. Way he was talking, they aren't swinging the bats that well either...

 

4 of their everyday players are hitting over .300.

The Reds should forget about Renteria and "Rent-a-Reyes" from the Mets for the rest of the season.

 

Everyone needs to give up the Reyes discussion. It is not going to happen. And I really don't think it should for the Reds. There is absolutely zero chance the Reds could afford to keep him. And the Mets are not going to let him go unless they get some top prospects in return. In fact, this may put the discussion to an end, I would fully expect the Mets to say the only way they would trade Reyes to the Reds is if they get Cozart in return. Is there anyone in favor of that?

Everyone needs to give up the Reyes discussion. It is not going to happen. And I really don't think it should for the Reds. There is absolutely zero chance the Reds could afford to keep him. And the Mets are not going to let him go unless they get some top prospects in return. In fact, this may put the discussion to an end, I would fully expect the Mets to say the only way they would trade Reyes to the Reds is if they get Cozart in return. Is there anyone in favor of that?

 

Yes. I would give up any two prospects they wanted because they will get two first round picks back after he leaves in the offseason. The Reds are literally Reyes away from contending for a title this year. It also would help them sell tickets for the rest of this year and for future years by winning the division two years in a row and Milwaukee going all in this year and not really having anything left in the minors for the future. Votto is only here this year and the two following years and I don't think they can afford him after that. They need to try to win now. If they don't at least try to make a move for Reyes or a good left fielder they threw away one of Votto's years.

Yes. I would give up any two prospects they wanted because they will get two first round picks back after he leaves in the offseason. The Reds are literally Reyes away from contending for a title this year. It also would help them sell tickets for the rest of this year and for future years by winning the division two years in a row and Milwaukee going all in this year and not really having anything left in the minors for the future. Votto is only here this year and the two following years and I don't think they can afford him after that. They need to try to win now. If they don't at least try to make a move for Reyes or a good left fielder they threw away one of Votto's years.

Is it certain that Reyes will be a Type A free agent?

Is it certain that Reyes will be a Type A free agent?

 

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

Yes. I would give up any two prospects they wanted because they will get two first round picks back after he leaves in the offseason. The Reds are literally Reyes away from contending for a title this year. It also would help them sell tickets for the rest of this year and for future years by winning the division two years in a row and Milwaukee going all in this year and not really having anything left in the minors for the future. Votto is only here this year and the two following years and I don't think they can afford him after that. They need to try to win now. If they don't at least try to make a move for Reyes or a good left fielder they threw away one of Votto's years.

 

And the bold is worth what? First round picks in baseball are about like 4th round picks in the NFL. The Reds have a business model that has turned them into the contender they are - build from within. You are throwing that business model out the window. If they could get Reyes for two prospects that they feel will never be significant contributors in Cincinnati, then I could do it if it will bring a World Series ring. Alonso could be one prospect along those lines. Cozart and Mesoraco definitely are not and they go nowhere esle if I run the team. Who could you pair with Alonso and get Reyes?

Everyone needs to give up the Reyes discussion. It is not going to happen. And I really don't think it should for the Reds. There is absolutely zero chance the Reds could afford to keep him. And the Mets are not going to let him go unless they get some top prospects in return. In fact, this may put the discussion to an end, I would fully expect the Mets to say the only way they would trade Reyes to the Reds is if they get Cozart in return. Is there anyone in favor of that?

 

I am. How about this year being the year. I agree with you that it is very unlikely the Reds would make such a move. The Reds have been very paternalistic about protecting the crown jewels of their farm system. And, it has been 5736 days since they won a playoff game. About the time the next crop of can't miss prospects hit the bigs (Cozart, Todd Frazier, Chris Valaika) the current stars (Votto, Volquez, Cueto) should be about ready to split. I am not saying that year in year out making such a move would be a sound strategy, but can't we make a bold move every decade or so?

I am. How about this year being the year. I agree with you that it is very unlikely that the Reds would make such a move. The Reds have been very paternalistic about protecting the crown jewels of their farm system. And, it has been 5736 days since they won a playoff game. About the time the next crop of can't miss prospects hit the bigs (Cozart, Todd Frazier, Chris Valaika) the current stars (Votto, Volquez, Cueto) should be about ready to split. I am not saying that year in year out making such a move would be a sound strategy, but can't we make a bold move every decade or so?

 

If you subbed Alonso in for Cozart, I would think about trading that package for Reyes. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that the Mets would take it.

If you subbed Alonso in for Cozart, I would think about trading that package for Reyes. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that the Mets would take it.

 

What if it's Alonso, Wood, and Frazier?

 

With guys like Bailey, Cueto, Volquez, Leake, Arroyo, Chapman, Maloney, and LeCure they have some flexibility with Wood IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.