Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

LRCW

Soooo .... if they finally pull the string on Cozart, how does the lineup look? I say Stubbs, Cozart, Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Rolen, LF, C, P.

I'd do that and pull the string on the Heisey for Ludwick deal. That would improve 2 of the 3 problem areas. I'd also DFA Gomes or Lewis and bring up Francisco and let him play about 3 times a week to see what he's got.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!! That wasn't called for! :D

But I would have done the same thing, touche' :thumb:

:thumb: See my comment in my last post.

The Sox and Yankees have faced each other's closers so often I don't think either Papelbon or Rivera is as much of a sure thing as they are against other teams.

Heisey 8

Phillips 4

Votto 3

Bruce 9

Gomes 7

Hernandez 2

Cairo 5

Janish 6

Cueto 1

Hopefully Cueto has a perfect game in him.

:thumb: to the bolded....That lineup sure as heck isn't putting up more than 3 runs tops. :lol: Wow, you take one of their 4 competent offensive players out of the lineup and it looks like a AAA team.

So , at most, it's been 8 ER in the last 6 games.

But, hey, our team stats look good.

We scored a lot of runs earlier in the year so we are fine.... :D I understanding being patient with guys but IMO it is past that. Walt needs to do something.

So is the consensus among those you have heard discuss Rolen seem to be that he is done? Personally, if he is done and can't contribute this year, I think the Reds' chances of repeating as division champ are very slim. I am not saying he has to do what he did last year. But the Reds need him to be viable enough to occupy the 4 slot and not have Votto getting IBB's in every clutch situation.

I know someone that has been around Scott Rolen's wife recently and SHE says he is done. Look for him to retire at the end of the year. He just can't play everyday anymore.

I know someone that has been around Scott Rolen's wife recently and SHE says he is done. Look for him to retire at the end of the year. He just can't play everyday anymore.

If that's the case, it's all the more reason to have Francisco up here playing at least 3 times a week. Why go into next season with an unknown at 3B, when you can figure out now if something needs to be done?