June 23, 201115 yr What's been lost in this offensive funk is that very slowly, when given an opportunity to play, Gomes has been increasing that average....Went over .220 last night.
June 23, 201115 yr Marty seemed to make it very clear that he feels Dusty should put Heisey out there for 30 days straight and see what happens. Maybe then he won't press and can relax and start working on hitting the breaking stuff better.
June 23, 201115 yr What's been lost in this offensive funk is that very slowly, when given an opportunity to play, Gomes has been increasing that average....Went over .220 last night. I'm sure he felt he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. With him being the clubhouse clown that they say he is he probably felt distanced when he was really struggling. I feel a little better about the LF position right now if we can only get the big 3 (2-3-4 hitters) going again.
June 23, 201115 yr I'm sure he felt he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. With him being the clubhouse clown that they say he is he probably felt distanced when he was really struggling. I feel a little better about the LF position right now if we can only get the big 3 (2-3-4 hitters) going again. Gomes and Heisey combined have 17 HRs and 57 RBIs.... In his last 10 games, Gomes is hitting .440 with 2 HRs and 8 RBIs.
June 23, 201115 yr If they don't make some personnel changes, and fast, I agree. Rolen is awful, Gomes sucks, Lewis is terrible, Renteria & Janish are two of the worst MLB players in the league. That's 5 of the teams 13 position players that have no business being on a major league roster at this point. Can't win with that. I'd do that and pull the string on the Heisey for Ludwick deal. That would improve 2 of the 3 problem areas. I'd also DFA Gomes or Lewis and bring up Francisco and let him play about 3 times a week to see what he's got. Gomes and Heisey combined have 17 HRs and 57 RBIs.... In his last 10 games, Gomes is hitting .440 with 2 HRs and 8 RBIs. So which is it? Does Gomes suck and they need to DFA him and trade Heisey for Ludwick? Or are they okay with 17 HRs and 57 RBIs between them?
June 23, 201115 yr Gomes and Heisey combined have 17 HRs and 57 RBIs.... In his last 10 games, Gomes is hitting .440 with 2 HRs and 8 RBIs. Not to mention Lewis has been hitting well the last week or so also. OK, LF is fixed. But no room for feeling good about things because of one win ... time to get back into the SS angst, right?
June 23, 201115 yr So which is it? Does Gomes suck and they need to DFA him and trade Heisey for Ludwick? Or are they okay with 17 HRs and 57 RBIs between them? They still need to do something about LF. Gomes is starting to play better, but he's a long ways off from me changing my stance that they should part ways, and yes I'd still do the Heisey for Ludwick trade. SS is still their biggest issue
June 23, 201115 yr Hearing some rumors that Cozart is getting called up. I don't know if it is just speculation or not.
June 23, 201115 yr Hearing some rumors that Cozart is getting called up. Do they cut ties with Renteria? I don't see them letting Janish go. Maybe Janish has an option left, but that move seems very unlikely to me. I think they would keep Janish over Renteria for defensive reasons.
June 23, 201115 yr Hearing some rumors that Cozart is getting called up. I don't know if it is just speculation or not. I heard last night that many in the Reds organization were starting to feel fans were "turning" on the team due to Cozart still being in the minors....:idunno:
June 23, 201115 yr Do they cut ties with Renteria? I don't see them letting Janish go. Maybe Janish has an option left, but that move seems very unlikely to me. I think they would keep Janish over Renteria for defensive reasons. Janish does have options but I would assume if it happens they will DFA Renteria.
June 23, 201115 yr It looks like he might have written the headline like this to get some website hits but I guess we will see what happens... Is it Finally Zack Cozart Day? The Fay is speculating that Zack Cozart could finally be getting the call-up to the big club. In case you've been under a rock or similarly isolated place for the past month or so, Coz is slashing a robust .320/.362/.498 for Louisville so far this year.
June 23, 201115 yr It looks like he might have written the headline like this to get some website hits but I guess we will see what happens... Is it Finally Zack Cozart Day? The Fay is speculating that Zack Cozart could finally be getting the call-up to the big club. In case you've been under a rock or similarly isolated place for the past month or so, Coz is slashing a robust .320/.362/.498 for Louisville so far this year. Maybe they do neither and send Horst down like I have been calling for for over a week and carry an extra bat. for awhile they abused their bullpen and now they can't get them enough work. They have another offday next week and the All Star game coming up soon. They might also option Janish down and let him get some pt to try to work his offensive problems out. If nothing else Dusty is loyal to a "t" and might elect to keep ER around because he is a veteran.
June 23, 201115 yr Do they cut ties with Renteria? I don't see them letting Janish go. Maybe Janish has an option left, but that move seems very unlikely to me. I think they would keep Janish over Renteria for defensive reasons. The Reds should forget about Renteria and "Rent-a-Reyes" from the Mets for the rest of the season.
June 23, 201115 yr Maybe they do neither and send Horst down like I have been calling for for over a week and carry an extra bat. for awhile they abused their bullpen and now they can't get them enough work. They have another offday next week and the All Star game coming up soon. They might also option Janish down and let him get some pt to try to work his offensive problems out. He doesn't really have any offensive problems. He just can't hit, he won't magically fix that in the minors.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.