Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 13)

Featured Replies

Great night to be at the ballpark. It was very nice to see the Reds' bats liven up in time for game two of the day. Didn't get to see the first one because of work, but the stat-line didn't look pretty. Heisey's three home runs were electric and had to be within 40 feet of each other in left field.

  • Replies 424
  • Views 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heisey should get to start the next 6 games.

 

Dusty usually rewards the leftfielders who have good games with 3 days off

I want to see a replay, but I think BP made a play and didn't throw it to Leake fast enough allowing Gardner to beat the throw. I thought Leake was there plenty early enough but BP didn't toss it. It cost them their first two runs.

 

Actually Votto ranged over too far off first and deflected the ball a bit to Phillips and Leake was a little late in covering. Tough play but one that I thought Votto should have let go and let BP handle.

Great night to be at the ballpark. It was very nice to see the Reds' bats liven up in time for game two of the day. Didn't get to see the first one because of work, but the stat-line didn't look pretty. Heisey's three home runs were electric and had to be within 40 feet of each other in left field.

 

Who livened up but Heisey and Gomes? I know Rolen came off the bench with a pinch hit and stayed in and got another hit and PJ got a couple of hits but Bruce, Votto and Bruce were a combined 2 for 12.

Without benefit of replay, my impression at the time was that Leake didn't get over there quickly enough, perhaps because he thought Votto was going to make the play.

 

Ok. That's why I wanted to see a replay. Either way they should have got him out and that's a completely different game if they do. I also didn't understand why Votto didn't go throw it right to second to try to turn the double play on the play where he tagged first and fired home. Leake could have had a great game if not for those two plays.

Ok. That's why I wanted to see a replay. Either way they should have got him out and that's a completely different game if they do. I also didn't understand why Votto didn't go throw it right to second to try to turn the double play on the play where he tagged first and fired home. Leake could have had a great game if not for those two plays.

 

The other play was one of those plays where he was right on the bag and his instinct was to step on the bag and then make the throw. From my vantage point in right field I thought if he had then thrown to 2nd they would have had time to tag the runner sliding in before the run crossed the plate, but it really was a bang bang play and maybe Votto didn't think they would get the out before the run scored. I can't fault him on that one even though the throw was high and Hanigan couldn't hold the runner off the plate.

The Jeremy Horst watch still continues. Am I missing something here, is this guy not on the active roster like the website says? It is June 23rd and he hasn't made an appearnace since the 7th of June, he should really be game ready when he does. Why is this guy taking up a spot on the 25 man when we could sorely use another bat in the dugout, maybe Francisco or Cozart or Alonso or Sappelt? I guess the Reds don't want to start the clock on some of those guys.

The Jeremy Horst watch still continues. Am I missing something here, is this guy not on the active roster like the website says? It is June 23rd and he hasn't made an appearnace since the 7th of June, he should really be game ready when he does. Why is this guy taking up a spot on the 25 man when we could sorely use another bat in the dugout, maybe Francisco or Cozart or Alonso or Sappelt? I guess the Reds don't want to start the clock on some of those guys.

 

Don't fret too much. He will be gone any day now when they bring Chapman back.

Anyone else hear the comment Brantley made during the day game yesterday?

 

Something along the lines of, "If you're a Louisville Bat, you have to be thinking to yourself, "what more do I have to do to get a shot?"..."

They lose to the Yankees JV team in the afternoon, mercy the varsity in the evening.

They lose to the Yankees JV team in the afternoon, mercy the varsity in the evening.

They beat the JV pitcher ... :lol:

Anyone else hear the comment Brantley made during the day game yesterday?

 

Something along the lines of, "If you're a Louisville Bat, you have to be thinking to yourself, "what more do I have to do to get a shot?"..."

 

That's what I love about Marty and the Cowboy, they say what they think. Welsh, Thommie and the others are scared to death to ruffle any feathers.

After last night's game, I'd say it's safe to say the Reds have a legit ace, #1 starter.

 

Cueto has been darn near unhittable all season.

Marty seemed to make it very clear that he feels Dusty should put Heisey out there for 30 days straight and see what happens.

After last night's game, I'd say it's safe to say the Reds have a legit ace, #1 starter.

 

Cueto has been darn near unhittable all season.

 

I agree he sure has looked like an ace. Let's hope he can handle that mentally. He certainly has seemed to be pretty mentally tough so far.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.